Replacement H&R anti roll bar fitting kits?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've just acquired a pair of H&R anti roll bars for my mk1 Leon (almost a mk4 Golf) and on stripping them down from the rear beam the retaining straps snapped off due to rust and crap.

Has anyone managed to source these clamps separately or even a complete fitting kit which includes the front and rear bushes?

I've contacted several outlets this morning but most are saying that H&R UK are particularly difficult to liase with or simply won't sell them on their own.

Surely someone has bought replacements before or used another brand of bushes & clamps with their old H&R arb kit...maybe Eibach ones?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
I got some spares for my Neuspeed rear arb from Awesome GTI.

I don't think you need to worry about the brand as really you are only looking to hold a bar in place. I bet you'd have no fitting issues. The ones I got were for a 25mm bar but they can hold of a 23mm version.

Bush fitting kit

Al Brown
Product and Trade Account Manager
Awesome GTI Ltd
0161 776 0777

[email protected]

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Awesome GTI were in fact the first people I contacted at 9.30am this morning and this was the response from Al Brown which in turn spurred me on to email another 8 UK suppliers...

The UK H&R Distributor is seriously hard work and I doubt we’ll be able to get a complete fitting kit for them unfortunately.
They only seem interested in selling complete kits.

Sorry about that.
Kind regards,

It seems to be a continuing trend amongst the replies I've had so far although a couple have said they'd look into it further.

In the mean time I've been doing some of my own research and it would seem that the rear beam clamps could just be replaced with large stainless Mikalor clamps and it looks like I'll be able to get some bushes from Superpro or Floflex as they cater for a multitude of sizes.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
So I've finally had a proper reply from Balance motorsport and wow, I knew it wouldn't be cheap but that's bonkers money for 2 Mikalor clamps and 4 tiny bushes!

sorry for the delay , every email they sent led me to ask more questions!

on the front it's bushes only

on the rear you get mounting kit

total price is £46.14+vat per axle set (oddly the price is the same per axle)

£55.38 inc vat per axle

special order approx 2 weeks - free shipping

Kind regards

Julian

Balance Motorsport

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Ouch!

Brand new rear bar (Eibach) with all the fittings is only £99 on the bay - item no. 232572576757

But what it does show is that decent t-bar clamps with supporting metal for the bushes is acceptable. I think you could use new bushes normally for the front, and fabricate the supporting metalwork. It seems they use some rubber strip to cushion between that support metal and the clamp. I have some EPDM I could send over if it helps.

For the front I'm sure I sourced new bushes from either ECP or main dealer, needed 25mm and found the TT came in that size. I can try to find the receipt later to confirm and the part number.

Last edited: