sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

Owain

as little money as possible!

what does this do?

incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CTVSTX001

chumsofmanutd

Jun 23, 2008
Staffordshire
For this sort of setup including amping speakers and sub, would you recomend just having the front two speakers connected and amped or all four connected? Also, can you use the same amp to for the front speakers and the sub? Thanks Rob.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
For this sort of setup including amping speakers and sub, would you recomend just having the front two speakers connected and amped or all four connected? Also, can you use the same amp to for the front speakers and the sub? Thanks Rob.

i would advice you just using the 2 fronts... the rear speakers are rubbish / pointless.

also use 2 amps to power the speaker and the sub's

chumsofmanutd

Jun 23, 2008
Staffordshire
You mean one amp for the sub and one for the two front speakers, so two, two channel amps would do the job? And would you advise to have both amps in the boot? Timewise, how long would you say the setup is having bought all the kit ready to do the job? Thanks for you advice mate.

Last edited:

antnee

Might as well stick this question here, if I also get 2 amps, can I run them off the same power cable?

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
You mean one amp for the sub and one for the two front speakers, so two, two channel amps would do the job? And would you advise to have both amps in the boot? Timewise, how long would you say the setup is having bought all the kit ready to do the job? Thanks for you advice mate.

i would say a max of 6 hrs if you have never held a screw driver in your life and you follow my guide.

its pretty easy to be honest, just remove the rear seats before you start and it will be a walk in the park.

you can run both amps off 1 powr cable but make sure you get a big enough AWG to cope with the power, as the longer the cable the bigger the AWG has to be due to inefficiency.

either 0 or 4awg is good.. ( i use 4awg as im running less than 320w)

antnee

run the cables down past the bonnet catch:
DSC05011.jpg

How do you get this bit of trim off?

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
you got it.. i used a metal tape to run it under then pulled the cables through with the metal tape.. works a dream

Have you ever tried getting your door card out? I did last night, it's all held on with those stupid plastic clip.... things! Oh, and one almighty brass screw just behind the door handle :clap:

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Have you ever tried getting your door card out? I did last night, it's all held on with those stupid plastic clip.... things! Oh, and one almighty brass screw just behind the door handle :clap:

door cards take me under 2 minutes (as long as i have 2 screw drivers handy :)

i have taken them off hundreds of times. there should be 2 brass screws too ;)

Owl

cheesy quaver
Aug 21, 2008
sheffield
Whoops.... wonder where that one got to then...

LOL

i used to have a ka :( yes i know, no excuse there!...
but the door cards use to come off after about five screws and loads of clips.. the clips almost always broke... is it the same with ibizas?? if so i may need to swop my bag of clips for the ka lol

also my bonnet catch is on the nearside footwell.. it is a mk4 but didnt think they would change the sides

antnee

The door cards come off easily, just get a long handled flat blade screwdriver. The clips just break easily, or stay in the door. There cheap from dealers, so its ok (can get them from VW too)

willFE51

brilliant guide cheers!
i followed the sub/amp install guide but hooked up my 6x9s to the amp instead but now i have some whining and clicking noises!
all the stuff i've used if cheap low quality stuff and i haven't earthed the converter would this be why im getting the noises? or it could be the amps a bit dodgy :confused: any ideas would be appreciated!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.