F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
I have tried this...

sit in car - doors closed

1 ignition on to red lights on dash
2 turn off immediately and pull key out
3 hold 1 of the buttons down (dont matter which)
4 PRESS the other 3 times ( with a SLIGHT pause) 1 . 2 . 3
5 watch led on key (should flash) and doors usually try lock/unlock
6 turn ignition key back on to red lights and wait 5 sec
7 key out again and test operation

but at stage 5 the doors do not try and lock/unlock

Can't get my central locking to work remotly :(
All doors are opened manually with the key, so that works.

:shrug:

Wallis22

Aug 25, 2007
At the expense of sounding dumb, have you tried changing the battery in the remote?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
At the expense of sounding dumb, have you tried changing the battery in the remote?

at point 5 is the remote's led flashing ?

you can try it with any mk2 style remote by the way to test it just make sure if you borrow a mates that he codes it back to his car after :)

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
remember if you have the Infra Red remote you have to point it directly at the rear view mirror and there is a time constraint on it.

used to take me 2 or 3 goes to get it right, you have to be quick and in range of the sensors on the mirror.

if the key is radio then pass, it may just be that ure not quick enough.

LilYoda

Heya

I have the exact same issue.

When I go through the sequence, the key flashes 5 times, but the car doesn't repond. According to the manual, the locks are supposed to lock(or unlock), and the headlights are supposed to flash. In my case, nothing, nada. It seems that the car doesn't recognize the code that the key is sending, or not accepting it. It's also a radio key, and the central locking works when I press up or down the locks inside the car (so not a compressor issue)

I tried doing it fast, slow, medium, rare, still no luck. Must have tried 30 times this morning :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, since my second door lock broke, I can't close the car anymore. I was hoping that I could use the remote to close it, but that thing won't work :cry:

The wierdest thing is that when I tried yesterday evening, I noticed the batteries were weak. So I opened the key and changed one of them (replaced one of the CR2016 with a CR2032 from my Zafira key) and I managed to close and open the car with the remote. So I was all happy, and went to celebrate christmas, but left the key opened on my desk. So I suppose it discharged itself during the night and lost its programming? This morning I went to buy 2 new CR2016 batteries, I plug them in, and no response from the system, and no luck in recoding. I don't understand anything ?:-(

If anyone has a clue as to why the central locking unit would not accept a new key, I'm interested !

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
batteries should have at least 2.9v in em

if any lower they will still appear to work but aint worth a jot

splodge81

i`ve got the same problem it might be that the keyfob transmiter can`t hold a code which means need a new one only problem there 70 quid each from seat

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Why not get one off ebay?? Thats what I did and just replaced my blade and immobiliser chip. As long as you get the same type you'll be fine

Ollie

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Go to your local car audio/alarm shop that also offers to install alarms. they should have a "frequency tester". I'm sure if you ask them nicely or give them a quid then they will test out your remote and whether its transmitter works. I did this when mine wasn't working. The LED was flashing but like you said nothing happened at step 5. So got my local alarm fitters to test out my remote, they told me its fubard and so I went onto Ebay and got a new one for £20 (SEAT want £120 + £35 for programming, thieving *******s), and it worked 1st time.

Mig

calistic

I have a similar problem, but i have two remotes one Seat lock/unlock (whixh doesnt work) and one meta system one, does one cancel out the other??? the immobiliser still works. but if the fob fails i dont know how to reset it.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
The meta systems one I think is an after market alarm. So I would imagine that the previous owner decided that because the original fob/alarm wasn't working, he'd get an aftermarket one fitted. When your alarm goes off, is it the horn that sounds or a siren? Do both keys open the doors manually?

p.s. nice valver

Mig

calistic

The meta systems one I think is an after market alarm. So I would imagine that the previous owner decided that because the original fob/alarm wasn't working, he'd get an aftermarket one fitted. When your alarm goes off, is it the horn that sounds or a siren? Do both keys open the doors manually?

p.s. nice valver

Mig

well heres the crazy thing, if i lock the door with the key then open with the Meta alarm the Horn goes off,

If i lock the door with the meta and open with the key i get a siren

So both alarms are active,

if i get real clever and lock the car with the key and then with the meta fob i get double protection, only thing is then how to open the car without setting off the alarm lol!!!

Meta are a Spanish firm and i didnt know if they sold through Seat, as im also not covered by theft on my insurance unless i have a valid cat 2 immob certificate, However after having a very dissapointing conversation with the garage (Willoughby Seat) that not only supplied the car to its very first owner but serviced it fully changed every bulb etc untill it come to me, well lets just say 4 months later im still waiting for the radio code so why bother,

calistic

just to make that clearer if i lock the door by inserting the key in the lock and turning it (like me grans go shop cart) it still activates the original horn alarm, Ta m8

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Lol, sound like one of the previous owners obviously thought MORE = BETTER :lol: so now you have 2 functioning alarms on your car.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
i have just got a flip key for my car got the blade cut and i am about to try thr programing,some one said my car mighte not have com with remote centarl looking!
how do tou tell if it did?
i have a cordoba vario 1.6 se t reg 99

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.