Factory Fit iPod Connector Functionality

matt_hewitt

usb port in front of the gear lever

iv got a 2010 fr leon with the usb connection in front of the gear lever but it wont accept my ipod nano or usb pens. anyone got any clues wot cud b wrong?

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
the USB is used to provide 5v power supply for charging only you need to connect into the 3.5mm jack plug too USB pens not sure if they work

Also standard Ipods work fine but you need a special lead try searching for BMW lead most of us use that one as it's way cheaper than the Seat one

grinnell27

Just reading all this thread and realised my car doesnt have this :(

Is there any way i can 'add' an ipod connector?

I have the AUX port but it obviously wont charge the iPod...

Any ideas?

Thanks Guys

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Blatant bit of thread ressurection i know, but can any of you please advise whether or not i'll need to purchase the seperate lead for connecting an Ipod to my car using the AUX/Phono port near the gearstick (2010 LCR btw!), I read at the start of this thread that the Uk cars have an Ipod connector under the drivers seat so it's hidden out of site!, Does this still apply for the MY10 cars like mine, or do you have to use the two ports near the gearknob and leave the Ipod on display!??

Cheers Matt

greenakd

Jun 20, 2007
Devon
Blatant bit of thread ressurection i know, but can any of you please advise whether or not i'll need to purchase the seperate lead for connecting an Ipod to my car using the AUX/Phono port near the gearstick (2010 LCR btw!), I read at the start of this thread that the Uk cars have an Ipod connector under the drivers seat so it's hidden out of site!, Does this still apply for the MY10 cars like mine, or do you have to use the two ports near the gearknob and leave the Ipod on display!??

Cheers Matt

You need to either buy the lead or a special holder that fits in the cup holder(It still has the same lead connections just costs more).

I use the lead and if it is a nano in a small case you can hide it quite well down near the ports.

Had mine since new Sept 2010. The only issue I have is every now and then I need to unplug and plug back in as it doesn't pick up the Ipod.

Works well though.:D

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I use the front connectors and even a full size classic is fairly easy to hide near the ports just get one of those soft cotton glasses cases with the drawstring blends in quite nicely ;)

boditza

Mar 14, 2012
Craiova, Romania
I have ipod connectivity under the passengers seat(LHD) and was wondering if there are some adapters so that i can plug in a usb flash drive.. I don't own a ipod but i have many usb sticks :)

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
I bought one of the cheapy £10 ebay leads and tbh it's hit n miss - it works fine 99.999% of the time with my 5th Gen Ipod nano which i use as achanger of sorts, But for some reason it doesn't really like my Iphone 4 and i keep having to disconnect & reconnect the USB part of the lead as it kepps loosing sync!??

Very annoying when i'm trying to use my Nav App (which plays music when not directing you with voice commands!), and it's nearly un-usebale at times with constant dis-connects!!![:@]:censored:

Sinbad

Oct 25, 2006
Johannesburg, South Africa
Guys FYI - if you install one of the newer premium bluetooth units you can use A2DP bluetooth streaming from an iPhone to the car's sound system, including song name display on the MFD and radio/steering wheel track skip etc.

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Hmmmm

I have a 2007, and have the ipod connector under drivers seat, i tried an ipod touch but seems to be to wide for it to fit properly and after a few tries to connect it brings up a warning triangle on the ipod touch :s anyway i remembered i had a ipod mini from a few years ago and tried that and it worked flawlessly. seems to be a case where it touches works for some and not for others. :confused:

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Hi,

I'm about to buy a Leon FR -08, and there's an Ipod connection under the passanger seat (LHD). However, I don't have an Ipod, instead I have an Iphone5 and there's no AUX what I've seen. The car don't have SatNav so I'm woundering how I'm gonna play from the phone?
Is there any tips on how to do it easy without using a crappy FM-transmitter..
Any adapters that you can use?

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Hi,

I'm about to buy a Leon FR -08, and there's an Ipod connection under the passanger seat (LHD). However, I don't have an Ipod, instead I have an Iphone5 and there's no AUX what I've seen. The car don't have SatNav so I'm woundering how I'm gonna play from the phone?
Is there any tips on how to do it easy without using a crappy FM-transmitter..
Any adapters that you can use?

You can retro fit an aux, im sure ive seen it here on this forum somewhere..

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Is it possible to use this if you have an Ipod unit under the seat and no AUX input?

3,5mm to 30 pin female dock cable?

ebay.com/itm/New-3-5mm-To-30-pin-Ipod-Female-Dock-Cable-Lead-Adapter-/390334905895

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Alright, problem is that I searched so much on this for my resent car so I mix everything up!

Anybody that can give me a hint on what it is?

Try here... seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323566&highlight=aux+jack

might help you.

Is it possible to use this if you have an Ipod unit under the seat and no AUX input?

3,5mm to 30 pin female dock cable?

ebay.com/itm/New-3-5mm-To-30-pin-Ipod-Female-Dock-Cable-Lead-Adapter-/390334905895

I have no idea if this would work but i cant see why it shouldn't

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Try here... seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323566&highlight=aux+jack

might help you.

I have no idea if this would work but i cant see why it shouldn't
Apperantly that didn't work with the female to 3.5mm cable cause we have a stereo and a car that comes from the VWconcern..

Anybody who has an idea of how to help me?
Is it that impossible to make this work or do I have to take it to the SEAT dealers to help me?

murray550

i have a 2008 leon which i purchased last week. Does anyone know how to connect an iphone 4s as it cant seem to read the cable i got with the phone?? Thanks

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
i have a 2008 leon which i purchased last week. Does anyone know how to connect an iphone 4s as it cant seem to read the cable i got with the phone?? Thanks

yes you need the proper cable be it the chepy Ebay one or the proper/more expensive Seat one, it's got a USB cable and phono lead as part of it's construction iirc so it uses both ports on ya car.