Pastywagon sprint dates 2010 - Overall championship win!

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Today's progress:

Lower attachment lip for flexible airdam section bonded to the floor - basically follows the same shape as the lower edge of the bumper

DSC01631.jpg

bumper here:

DSC01629.jpg

2.6mm shiny black kaylan for the flexible section - will be attached between the floor and the bottom of the bumper

DSC01632.jpg

Painting the floor black tomorrow is the weather is ok, then final fitting phase

Ave it

Rob

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
At the moment, the calendar is:

1. Sat 24th April - Aintree
2. Fri 30th April - Anglesey Trackday with Book-a-Track
3. Sat 1st May - Anglesey
4. Sun 2nd May - Anglesey
5. Sun 9th May - Curborough
6. Sun 15th Aug - Curborough
7. Sat 4th Sept Aintree

Couple more dates to add yet but above is fairly certain. Its a bit congested, but having to fit it around work commitments.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Yeh :):

Painted with 10yr exterior satin black - should do the trick

Thinking of laminating the bottom with a sheet of kevlar but probably need to try it out first before spending any further

Off to have a sleep now in front of the F1 GP

DSC01633.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Looking great.
Would it be an idea to take a mold of this prior to 'testing' it incase its perfect but doesn't survive the 'testing'

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
got a cardboard template incase I need to make another, and a tech drawing of it with sizes

course...if it works......I could make more of them if there was the requirement.......

edit: dont think it would clear a regular engine sump though....

Last edited:

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
few self tappers going in tomorrow and job done - must say it looks rather good [B)]

DSC01637.jpg

Battery on charge tonight and run her up to temperature tomorrow :funk:

Ave it

Rob

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
ta - if this works, then the front floor will be remade in carbon (top)/kevlar(bottom) foam sandwich - much stronger and lighter - and the kevlar bottom will be abrasion resistant

then step 2 will probably be side skirts - thinking being that the front spoiler will reduce the amount of air going under the car and it would be good to keep the advantage and stop air spilling in at the sides to make the rear end light

last thing will be a rear diffuser

concern is the amount of weight that all this adds to the car

Hugos

Re: Pastywagon sprint dates 2010 - front aero package

That looks sweet, still love this car!

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Round 1 Results: Aintree

Cracking day on Sat at Aintree.

As always, meeting was run very efficiently by Liverpool MC with getting on for 200 entries. This was a round of the Caterham Academy racing, the Paul Matty Racing Car Champs (Lotus) and the Midland Speed Champs, so some fantastic cars about.

Car of the weekend for me was a classic Lotus F2 in Gold Leaf colours (gold/red/white) with a Novamotor engine - simply stunning. Also present was the 'Expose'; the lotus prototype for the 340R with a see-through plastic body.

Day was nice and warm.

We were in 3b with the usual 205's, an XR2, and an E36 BMW M3.....fully stripped......because he was the only entrant in 3c, he was put in with us in 3B. Great. An M3. Well we'll just have to try and beat him then :D

3a had 3 really well prepared minis, one being Martin Depper (ground effects mini), class record holder.

P1 - 2.71, 54.98 (121 mph) nice and steady, looking for the new bits of tarmac that apparently had been laid
P2 - 2.79, 52.52 (124 mph) turned the wick up a bit, car felt great, my fastest ever through the trap I think so aero mods might be doing something, up the damping front and rear for next run, BMW doing well so gotta go faster

T1 - 2.68, 51.31 (121 mph) - absolute stonker - personal best by 8 tenths - bring it on BM
LUNCH
T2 - 2.69, 51.30 (121 mph) - almost identical to before, new PB - ahead of the BM with one to go
T3 - 2.64, 51.10 (121 mph) - again, a cracker and there was more to come I reckon.

Martin Depper set yet another 3a class record with 51.18.

So first in class, beat the M3, and a new PB by a little over a second (previous 52.14). Unheard of to make this kind of improvement in sprinting on a course I know, so aero mods and new tyres and setup clearly doing the buisness.

Oh....on the last run of the day, my rear hatch window blew out and landed on the track...ooops.....so that needs sticking back in before the next one

Till next time

Ave it

Rob

[Results here: http://www.liverpoolmotorclub.com/aintree-spring-sprint-results/

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
awesome progress and step change there mate..
Great work on your part..
Aero is a great addition.. nice to see and read your development of it

do you drive with front window down at all? wondering why the rear felt the urge to depart.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Awesome

A great start to what sounds like a promising season.

Always nice to beat a benchmark that you think is perhaps beyond you.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.