MOT Failed...Emissions HELP!!!

Cupra_Rally

Jul 27, 2013
Ok, so its a rally car, I don't use it every day and don't really want to spend a fortune fixing this issue

The MOT station suggested an engine temperature sensor, or possibly Lambda sensor.....but they don't want to touch the car (which is worrying and weird as garages always want work!) so any ideas or cheap and quick fixes before I decide what to do with the car.

Has a crappy K&N copy filter on it and not too sure if its still running a cat.

has 92k on the clock too

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If the coolant sensor or lambda needs replacing, it should be able to be picked up on a fault code scan

Will easily fail without a cat though

Cupra_Rally

Jul 27, 2013
If the coolant sensor or lambda needs replacing, it should be able to be picked up on a fault code scan

Will easily fail without a cat though

Well, I assume the CAT is the big daft looking thing at the front of the exhaust system with a sensor off the top. It did have a nut welded to the base of it (for a shield of some sort I assume?) which got knocked off on the rally we did a couple of weeks back. This opened up two holes (where the nut was welded) so i've temporarily plugged this up which I doubt would effect the Cat itself.

Got a tame mechanic with a code reader coming round to see if he can throw up a fault code or ten!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise