Installing Fan washers

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Bought genuine non heated ones for mine today from TPS
£7.42 each inc vat.

Will be calling them tomorrow to see what prices they can do for mudflaps as well :)

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Time 5 mins install (1 hour photos :) )
Level: Easy
Fan Jet Part No 5MO 955 985 C 9B9 non heated about £10 (See here eBay item number:221246183308 for an example of heated fans) or eBay item number:321197661391 for the ones I bought. You can pay more for SEAT branded ones from the same dealer but as you won't see the logo only you will know ;)
Pistol Spray No 5FO 955 986

Pic 1 Comparison of pistol and fan . The fan is slightly deeper than the pistol but this did not matter to the install or effectiveness

iwVMwnc.jpg

Pic 2 Fan from top

JVJ19nf.jpg

Pic 3 Underside of fan. All clips are identical. It is a direct replacement by pulling towards the engine from the screen side and then in a downward motion.

yn9X6ML.jpg

Pic 4 A 2mm Allen Key is used to adjust the position of the jets on the screen in a vertical direction only. There is no horizontal adjustment as that is determined by the spray slot.

Tuqg65E.jpg

Pic 5 Underside of the original. Note the 3 jets. Here the black clip which retains the washer fluid tube securely has been slid to the right. Do not attempt to remove it. The pipe then easily pulls off. Fitting is a reverse.

swxrAo7.jpg

Pic 6 The results from various angles

Comparison of jet of fine droplets covering the screen so well they are almost invisible in this shot. The 3 jets are well defined

2M7KqVH.jpg

Jet seen bottom right

FCR0qoT.jpg

Spray from inside the car showing coverage

b03zEiW.jpg

So there you all are. I'll report back after a weeks trial. First impressions are that less fluid is used but that it is better distributed and will reduce wiper/ screen wear.

Hi dephead, could you possibly post a link to the ebay site for these. Have tried all the numbers posted and cant seem to find them. Many :thanks:

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I have to agree, they are much better than the pistols.

I was not going to bother changing to these but then last week one on each side decided to spray water over the roof instead, so instead of trying to find a pin and muck about, just bought these and mucked about with a torx bit to level them instead :lol:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Everyone who has installed them agrees they are much better. I was intrigued that someone with an ST on the forum said they had fans as standard

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Well, just installed mine only to find I had heated washers fitted! I had no clue about this! (Car dors not have the winter pack......)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Bonuis. Check out what else you got free!
Can you exchange the washers for the heated ones? They ar emore expensive though but worth having. Never downgrade

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Well I have swapped to the fans for summer, if I feel the need in winter I will swap back.

I have always wondered to be honest because I have this in my menu
4a2ypena.jpg
I always thought it was a glitch on my software but now I know I have heated washers I am questioning if it has the auxiliary heater too!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
Hi guys, I'm new here but keen to learn and to contribute. I'm looking at doing this mod as I hate the pistol jets, does anyone know if there are 2 part numbers for L & R heated fan jets or just one for both sides ? Pics of the original jets clearly show L & R printed on the underside of each jet.

Cheers,
Rob.

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
I think the original jets are sided to give a good spread across the windscreen whereas the fan jets just spray centrally and don't need to be sided.

I could be wrong though ;)

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Defo not handed. I swapped mine when I thought one might be blocked. It wasn't but the one furthest from the pump has less ooomph

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
Defo not handed. I swapped mine when I thought one might be blocked. It wasn't but the one furthest from the pump has less ooomph

Excellent !! Thanks for that. I thought maybe it may be handed so that the harness connection always pointed the same way (either towards centre or outboard) and may not be long enough if the electrical connector on the jet pointed the wrong way.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Anyone know what spec of car comes with the heated washers? I.e only on FR or needs winter pack etc?

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Ah ha, I have head lamp washers but don't have heated seats which is why I wondered as the winter pack is the headlamp washers, heated seats and heated jets.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise