Flickering lights

Method

Aug 11, 2014
Bucks
A while ago i replaced my interior bulbs for LED ones. I noticed that the passenger interior light starts to flicker if its on for more than 1 minute.
I thought it might just be the bulb so i switched the bulbs around and i had the same problem. I bought new interior t10 bulbs and got the same problem a couple days later. I noticed it only flickers on the passenger side.
Recently my passenger sidelight bulb started flickering as well, replaced the bulb with a new LED and it started flickering again after a few days of being replaced. I know that there's 2 fuses for the lights on either side of the car but i have replaced them as well and still have this problem. I used both 5amp fuses and 7.5 amp fuses but that didnt help. Only the side light and interior passenger light flicker. Rest of the lights are ok

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

dukemaster17

Dec 21, 2015
Greece
The front dome have high voltage sent to them, normally good quality LEDs can handle this, and there are only a few incidents where they flicker, you can purchase a more high power resistor LED for the front domes that can eliminate the issue. The LEDs themselves are probably fine, it is most likely the resistors having issues if you are noticing flickering.

Method

Aug 11, 2014
Bucks
The front dome have high voltage sent to them, normally good quality LEDs can handle this, and there are only a few incidents where they flicker, you can purchase a more high power resistor LED for the front domes that can eliminate the issue. The LEDs themselves are probably fine, it is most likely the resistors having issues if you are noticing flickering.

That makes sense but wouldn't the opposite side start flickering as well if that was the case? I was using these for the interior dome
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-LED-HID...655920?hash=item4d086a2570:g:WHwAAOxy0bRTGDWF

Also i was using these for my sidelights
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-ERROR...092665?hash=item567241a6f9:g:vNMAAOSwpDdVUYe1

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members