Toledo 5P Various issues from non working drivers window to engine strulling to start

Theslug906

Apr 21, 2016
Good morning,

This is my first post. I come from Seat Ibiza OC after giving the misses the Ibiza and purchasing myself a Toledo 5P.

Window now stuck inside the door. Earlier today I put the window down to get a car parking ticket. When I tried to put the window up, Nothing absolutely nothing. Luckily its in a secure car park with CCTV and card exit only and the Alarm and Immobiliser is all in order.

The engine when it is up to temp, When I turn it off and restart the car say after a bit of shopping needs upto 5 turnovers to get it going. But when the car is cold its absolutely fine at starting.

Fortunately the car is going back to whence it came tomorrow as ive had the car 6 days but I was trying to get a little heads up.

Kind regards,

Kev

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
I have an Altea which is pretty much the same car. The windows are a common fault with the window regulator. Chances are you have some worn out cables which have snagged inside the mechanism and have jammed it. Its a door car off and replace either just the cables for £10 or 70-80 quid for a new window regulator from Euro car parts.

The starting is also a common problem I think people either had a software upgrade from dealer or another simple fix to sort it. Search it and you should find stuff on here.

Theslug906

Apr 21, 2016
Cheers SeatJay.

A new Regulator was fitted today on the garages behalf and has solved the window issue. One of the cables was frayed beyond repair and was quicker to fit a new one.

The engine starting issue according the garage is fine. But Turbo Cleaner and Injector cleaner has been put into the tank. Will see within a week if that actually gives the system a good clean or not.

If not it looks likely a trip to the Seat dealer for the software check.

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Worth searching the forum for the starting issue as I seem to remember a lot of people writing about it.

The regulator is a pretty simple fix, but for the hassle getting a garage to do it wasn't a bad shout. For future reference the engine cleaners I've had the best result with are Forte products. I had an issue with the turbo veins sticking and turbo cleaner has got rid of it for almost a year now.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.