Emissions remap at SEAT dealer

Stegbot

Nov 27, 2013
This has probably been asked already but I couldn't find anything.

My Leon is a 2009 FR and falls under the emission scandal blanket. The car has a Revo Stage 1 map. I got the letter from seat asking me to take the car to the local dealer for the fix to be installed. I have a couple of questions:
Does the fix involve a remap that will wipe my Revo map?
If I say I don't want the fix, where does that leave me when I come to trade the car in, obviously I would tell them its mapped anyway?
If I decide to go ahead with the fix, just to get the certificate, would Revo reload my stage 1, using my original licence?

I am happy with the mapped car but don't; want to be penalised financially when I come to sell it.

Thanks

Steg

Sent from my S500 using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
"Does the fix involve a remap that will wipe my Revo map?" I believe so.

"where does that leave me when I come to trade the car in" I just traded my 2012 FR+ which didn't have the fix ... and the dealer is actually advertising it as Revo Stage 1. So no impact at all. He already said if the next buyer didn't want it mapped, he would just flash it stock.

"would Revo reload my stage 1" One of the reasons I chose Revo twice now is that if the software gets wiped, they will reload the software. However, it does state the garage may charge for the flashing service! My local charges £60 for a reflash. But better than £400-£500.

Last edited: