Temperature drops when driving

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
Okay before I start, no, I have not been drinking and I am not going mad, at least I don't think I am

So I drive a 2007 Altea XL 1.6 Petrol

The cars runs fine and have no outstanding issues apart a small oil leak on the cam seal and a weird thing with the temperature gauge

So the car runs at a steady 90C for 99% of the time, but say if I come into a roundabout a bit fast and swing it in left then straighten up the gauge can sometimes drops by 10C to about 80C but only last for about 10 seconds then climbs back to 90C

When it drops if I have the heating on full heat you can feel the temperature of the air coming out of the vents drop (I always run it on fan speed 2)

Coolant levels are fine, and not loosing any either, the heating temperature from the heater matrix is good and only drops as I say for 10 seconds or so when it has this funny turn.

Original I noticed this only on fast entry into a roundabout, but now it seems to happen in normal travel, so so strange

What also is strange is it never either climbs above 90C either, even if I am sat in traffic, cooling fan doesnt need to kick in

Any suggestions

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.