RECALL: Brake Servo Hose

Greg Kirby

Don't Worry

There should be no problem with your mods, it's a safety recall, not a warranty job. If they did have a problem, call SEAT UK.
The guys at SEAT Leicester were more interested in my car because it was modified - depends on the mechanic I guess. They have to relpace the pipe regardless.
Good luck! :thumbup:

Dave McBride

Brake Servo Pipe

Hi Guys got my new servo pipe fitted today at Town and country in Perth Scotland. The service manager said that ALL cars recalled will be fitted with a new pipe regardless of condition.The job only took about 30mins and I was on my way!

andy_20VT

I recieved a letter two days ago my cupra is an 02 reg - it is the BRAKE VACUMN PIPE, it explians that this may leak due to a production fault and so the recall has been issued, it causes the brake servo to loose function.

I have booked mine in straight away as its pretty serious. The contact number on the letter is 01908 601243 any questions call it.

It is also for Leon Toledo Cordoba and Inca.

Hope this helps

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
mine was done this morning, between us. :p

Worryingly the replacemetn part looks to be made exactly the same as the one which came off. :( :doh:

Hoping something is in fact different and will last this time, but still a rigid black nylon pipe heated onto a barbed one way valve, same as before (which stress cracked over this very same looking barb)

Hmmmm. :think:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cupra_matt said:
The recall says that it was a faulty batch of pipes. Its not anything to do with the design as most are fine.

:think: me smells something fishy.
pipe looks to be regular black nylon both old and new.

time will tell i guess.
uncannily similar tho

:confused:

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
Got mine booked in for tomorrow!

Mine is also cracked to feck and it looks as if its crakced all the way through, its about 2 cm long to! Large amounts of tape are now on it and not going to be driving to fast untill its fixed!

Go check yours now!

G-sport

Got the servo pipe replaced on my sport about a month ago at Pattersons in Newcastle, took em all of 45 minutes.

flashbsd

45mins!

all they have to do is replace a hose with a clip at each end!

my replacement seems to be a much glossy finish, as if it has a protective barrier against the elements on it :)

remember to keep your letter, be good for when you come to sell up, and can say its had the repair :thumbup:

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
ibizacupra said:
:think: me smells something fishy.
pipe looks to be regular black nylon both old and new.

time will tell i guess.
uncannily similar tho

:confused:

I think "faulty batch of pipes" refers to the whole "unit".

I'd guess pipe is heat-shrunk over a fitting. It looks to me like a problem with the processing, leaving pipes over-shrunk and therefore stressed.

Would explain why new pipe "unit" looks the same.

Mine did too, but the bore of the "new" one was much larger.

Penfold77

Just had my '01 Ibiza Cupra done, it seemed painless enough. Got a letter from Seat and told me I should go to my dealer with the letter and they will take care of it.

Don't think it's a warranty thing, more a safety recall.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Had it done this weekend after much faffing about

pedal feels like mush now, so will have to check it over as I'm not convinced they did a good job....

tbc

May 9, 2005
I only bought my car about 6 weeks ago, and it didn't have history so I have no idea if it's been done before. I'm going to the nearest dealer next week, so I'm guessing the best course of action is asking them to check it out at the time?

When was the recall, and did all owners get a letter at the time?

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
tbc said:
I only bought my car about 6 weeks ago, and it didn't have history so I have no idea if it's been done before. I'm going to the nearest dealer next week, so I'm guessing the best course of action is asking them to check it out at the time?

When was the recall, and did all owners get a letter at the time?

Have a read of the rest of this sticky topic.
Yes, there's a recall for some engines, some owners get the letter, some people randomly won't get the letter, some people will, it's no exact science.

Look at the hose and if it's cracking, GO EASY; in summary, have a search and read the sticky post and you'll get "up to speed".

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.