LCR Vs 350Z

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
Did a search on this and suprisingly could not find anything.

Just wondering who has had a go at a 350Z in a revo'd LCR. My mate is getting one soon so I am wondering what to expect.???
The 350Z is the car I would have bought if my baby had not come along. i love RWD and used to have the 200SX with 260BHP. Maybe when she get older I may get one.
Saying that I am still loving the LCR, its a total different expierence. My only reservation is the amount of grip available.

Last edited:

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
Would have thought it'd be a close run thing but the 350z would edge it.

Would muller a standard LCR...

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
The 350z is by all accounts a slightly better car, more power, better drivetrain layout but depending on conditions a remapped LCR could pose a threat. Off the line the 350 will have it due to the rwd layout but midrange the LCR with the turbo will have the better acceleration. Top end i'm not sure about but it will be close, the v6 on the 350z will provide better torque latter in the rev range. Handling wise the 350z will have the LCR pegged, again due to the drivetrain.

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
I thought about the 350Z before I got the Leon FR. 350Z wouldn't be a lot faster than an LCR but Z feels so much more stable. Leon is much more practical.

I took another route though. I have a Leon FR and i'm now in the process of buying a 1992 300ZX twin turbo, so best of both worlds.

TurboBanana

I've had a pop at one of these not so long ago. Came off a roundabout so obviously was rolling, 350z right up behind me...caned it and actually started to pull away...had to come off before "aherm" speed limit...I expect the 350z would make a comeback should a higher speed limit dictated it...

Platinum_mike

When I had my LCR (standard 225) I pulled a couple of lengths on the straight between about 20 to 90 from my mate in his 350Z Convertible - the cabrio has quite a bit more weight on board than the coupe though I think so that would probably have something to do with it

Now I've got my Vx220 Turbo it's no longer any sort of contest.....:whistle:

Math

also a previous 200sx owner :) the 350z is a good car and think it may edge it due to not having the turbo lag with it being a big gruzzly v6 :) would be good to see though

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
I would say the z would just edge it but again driver etc will play a part. Great cars and a few on here have them now, sound fantastic and I was quite supprised how one did against the tiv a while a go.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Answer to the question, you can keep up with one but no way enough to get past or even attempt to - you would need to looooonng road. This based on a rolling start.

Math

pity it can't handle much more than 300 bhp, unlike the 1.8T

the SX or 350z? the 350's are becoming the tuning car to own, with twin turbo and supercharger kits easily available, two D1 GB drift cars are 450bhp+ each.:)

im looking forward to trying to get some extra ponies out of my 1.8t :)

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Sorry to drag an old thread up.

I had a c#*k right up my rear on the motorway slip in a 350Z, this particular car had been 'chavved/riced' The guy was egging me on so I let him overtake then I followed him until the traffic eased. He put his foot down, you could probably hear exhaust from the moon! Anyways I decided to see if I could catch him but to my surprise the Cupra was so much quicker that I had to undertake him with ease!

Those old Z cars aren't as fast as folk believe!

Last edited:

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
My mate has a 350z and another friend has driven both my car and his on separate occasions. He insists mine is as fast, even though I point out it’s many horsepower down. I think it just feels faster because there is a turbo, so you get that kick you don’t get in a NA car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.