Letchworth SEAT

GaryC

glad to see there are decent dealers out there, but did you buy the K1 ?

No, not on that visit. It was my first drive in a cupra, so more of a fact finding visit.

The car was pretty impressive. Quick, rorty and with plenty of top-end power which is unusual for a turbo engine (in my experience anyway). It also felt very agile and chuckable, and put its power down well with nothing in the way of torque steer. Only downsides were over-servoed brakes with little in the way of feel and somewhat light/detached steering. Overall though, it's a very nice package.

Gary.

andycupra

status subject to change
please bear in mind that any dealer will seem decent when you are looking to spend some money there!

There are good stories about all dealers, letchworth included, but also some poor stories..
I cant say ive been impressed with them.

GaryC

please bear in mind that any dealer will seem decent when you are looking to spend some money there!

There are good stories about all dealers, letchworth included, but also some poor stories..
I cant say ive been impressed with them.

I take your point, but in my experience the majority of dealers are piss poor even when you're looking to spend money - phone calls and emails not returned, short test drives, test drives only possible once you've committed to buy, hard sell etc.

Other sales people and the service team at Letchworth may be different. All I can do is report positively on the experience I'd had to date.

Gary.

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Interesting read this.
I'm just about to pick up a K1 spec Cupra that was a Letchworth Demo car and registered 5th March 2009 (only 1 owner since). So this was probably knocking about when you were there. Although you all may not be here anymore !!!

Last edited:

Red268

Jan 30, 2017
England
Interesting read this.
I'm just about to pick up a K1 spec Cupra that was a Letchworth Demo car and registered 5th March 2009 (only 1 owner since). So this was probably knocking about when you were there. Although you all may not be here anymore !!!

Check your wheel bolts when you get home. I bought mine from there back in January, and I had a wheel bolt fall out, so checked all the others - found another one hanging out, and a few more hardly done up.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise