Carista - What customizations have you unlocked?

CH11LER

Aug 20, 2017
So, I bought a obd2 bluetooth reader and downloaded an old but *cough* fully functional version of Carista to see what it's all about.

I managed to unlock the guage sweep, beep on unlock/lock and tear wipe but many other things didn't work such as window control via remote, speed sensitive wipers or unlocking any features on the information system.

Is this a limitation of my car or the apps age?

Does the latest premium version offer anything else which does work or offer fixes for some options which didn't work on older versions?

I would really like to get my windows to work off the remote and give my car a few extra features. I would also like to play about with the alarm settings as I left my daughter in the car for a good few min while locked but the alarm never went off, I need to find out if it's actually working.

Thanks for the input.

P.s I will not share the old version. To be honnest, I updated it to see what the newer version has but since all the customizations are restricted, I've not tested it but I am awaiting a response to see if it's worth paying for.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The Toledo doesn't have the hardware modules for remote window closure. The cheaper Ibiza does, I've activated it on the wife's.

Speed sensitive wipers. Some say this took 2 or 3 goes to activate. Even when you do, it's not obvious.
On Normal wipe they seem to speed up over around 60mph, and if you stop (at a junction say) they drop to intermittent wipe.

To change stuff on the maxidot display - I changed the country to Australia, then switched the big MPH on and edited the units back to Imperial for everything that had gone metric.

"Fuel used" display was about 2 gallons wrong all the time so that would need VCDS to correct, as do Mpg errors - my maxidot is about 6% optimistic on mpg.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I forgot, when I did all my changes, the Toledo wasn't yet on the list of Carista cars that you could mod. I used the Skoda Rapid settings from the same model year.
You might find more stuff works if you do that.

Also the latest version is not going to be worth the money for you, it has not got any more features for our cars.

madgibbon

Aug 29, 2017
Good evening, is there a list of what can be changed using Carista. The website doesn't go into specifics and I want to know if it's worth while buying for my Toledo.

Thanks

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Go back to the Carista website and click on Vehicles

Tell it what vehicle you have and it'll tell you what it can do.

If you have a Toledo, you can also look at the Skoda Rapid listing.

Andyhfr

Sep 5, 2017
Go back to the Carista website and click on Vehicles

Tell it what vehicle you have and it'll tell you what it can do.

If you have a Toledo, you can also look at the Skoda Rapid listing.
I have a 2006 ibiza fr do you think carista would work on it mate?
I've been looking at purchasing it and although it's not on the site as being suited I wonder would it work

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I don't think it works on ibzas older than Mk5. I have done a few things to ours
You can email the Carista guys direct and ask them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.