Metal Boost Pipes PD150

Mike FR+

Does anybody other than Allard's do a metal pipe upgrade for the PD150?

I have a Leon FR+ PD150 with the SFS boost hoses and they have started to rub and wear holes through to the second layer.

I want to upgrade to the metal pipework, meant to be a worthwhile upgrade but Allards quoted me at £325 + vat for some metal piping and silicone elbows.

Was it Jonjay that got the metal pipe upgrade of SFS, because that is pretty much the type upgrade that I am after.

I have seen a company called Viper, but when I emailed them, they were trying to sell me seriously expensive silicone, which I didn't ask the price for in the first place lol.

Cheers in advance

Mike FR+

IS it an easy job? I would have to bin the SFS hoses as they have rubbed on the brake fluid bottle, the old engine cover and a metal clip close to the MAF.

I am thinking of leaving the bottom intercooler hose on, and replacing the elbow out of the EGR with a 90degree elbow, and most of the middle section of the boost hoses as they are the damaged ones.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
IS it an easy job? I would have to bin the SFS hoses as they have rubbed on the brake fluid bottle, the old engine cover and a metal clip close to the MAF.

I am thinking of leaving the bottom intercooler hose on, and replacing the elbow out of the EGR with a 90degree elbow, and most of the middle section of the boost hoses as they are the damaged ones.

I'm doing the same, using Forge elbows.......I'm going to leave the bottom intercooler pipe as it is cos it seems ok and has nothing to rub against.

Really not impressed with the SFS kit at all. When I chopped mine up last night to put two ally pipes in the amount of holes appearing is apauling to say the hoses have only been on 6 months or so.

Mike FR+

I totally agree with you Chris. There are bits of silicone rubbed off all over. I had to pay £16 quid for a roll of the tape from SFS to patch some parts up.

They charged me £6 postage for a roll of tape!!!!

The bottom IC pipe is fine on mine too, no issues at all really. its the centre section and the EGR section that are wearing.

Don't suppose you fancy being commissioned to make me a kit too do you lol?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.