Millers Diesel additive

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
This information has left me a bit confuzzled :confused:

I get the vibe that Millers is the donkey's doodads and it's advisable to use on 'cheaper' supermarket fuels (which I use.)

It's the worry that using it might render my warranty useless, especially with the thread JimH provided.

The quote from the thread :

"As a direct result of the legal argument quoted here by Jim H -
'I'm sure you as a dealer would not fail to comply with the manufacture instructions and promote these additives'
we will no longer be selling Millers DPS4 from the dealership."

Now, i'm not niave to know thats it's probably to do with ass covering but it speaks volumes when a dealer doesn't want to sell it because of potential legal ramifications??!!

All food for thought :blink:

Thanks for reading my rantings :)

If your worried about warranty issues then maybe its best you don't use Millers DPS4. Even though how would they know you use any additives unless you told them? Upto you I suppose.

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Thanks for your input Chris :)

I've decided to go with it. I'm not going to tell anyone unless they ask :whistle:

Infact, i've just filled up and used the recommended dosage. I'm not expecting an immediate effect but i'm sure something good will come of it. I probably will only use it once for every two fill-ups.

I'm off to Cornwall from the West Mids on Tuesday, so that should give it a good run in :p

Cheers

Andy

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Thanks for your input Chris :)

I've decided to go with it. I'm not going to tell anyone unless they ask :whistle:

Infact, i've just filled up and used the recommended dosage. I'm not expecting an immediate effect but i'm sure something good will come of it. I probably will only use it once for every two fill-ups.

I'm off to Cornwall from the West Mids on Tuesday, so that should give it a good run in :p

Cheers

Andy

Let us know if you feel any difference.

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
Let us know if you feel any difference.

I would be interested too. However it does state on the bottle that it will take time to take effect. You may not fee any difference in the first 250 miles or even tankful. It may just be the "Placebo effect" that makes it better. I would give it a double dose for the first 1 or maybe 2 tankfuls to clean the system out.

I can't personally tell the difference but I'd be interested to see if you can. I may not be sensitive to small changes in the car's performance as you may be.

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
ok gus rn out of millers about 3 or 4 tanks ago not had a chance to pick some up yetand noticed less mpg tank after tank - maybe placebo effect as i know theres no millers - maybe lack of millers

whos to say so im off in morning to pick some up

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
I would be interested too. However it does state on the bottle that it will take time to take effect. You may not fee any difference in the first 250 miles or even tankful. It may just be the "Placebo effect" that makes it better. I would give it a double dose for the first 1 or maybe 2 tankfuls to clean the system out.

I can't personally tell the difference but I'd be interested to see if you can. I may not be sensitive to small changes in the car's performance as you may be.

I certainly will let you know. It will probably be a while though given how long it may take to have an effect.

I'm not sure if mpg will be any better, i'm currently averaging 56/58 mpg. Which i think is pretty damn good. If it does improve though, wow! :drool:

It's hoping that it's just doing the engine good in general. Keeping it clean etc.

Andy

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members