slight oil leak from intercooler

nvidia

2004 Seat Ibiza FR TDi
May 16, 2009
Reading
I just had my car bk from service under advisory items

slight oil leak from intercooler...anyone know how much will that be to fix that?

cheers

Mar 8, 2007
almost all of them leak out the bottom bend

since running a pipe from my crankcase to to the bottom of the car mine has dried up completely

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
I just had my car bk from service under advisory items

slight oil leak from intercooler...anyone know how much will that be to fix that?

cheers
it's really just disconnecting at the lowest point and letting it drain good wipe round reconnect and and you done, unless you have a large milage/time and than it's worth removing the i/c rinsing out and more important hose out the fins, do a search I think Muddy' did a HOW-TO on here
:)

nvidia

2004 Seat Ibiza FR TDi
May 16, 2009
Reading
would this cause smoke from exhaust?
i notice i have bit of smoke when i kind of put my footdown or half way down...thts normal??

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
:wave:

Sorry I didn't do a guide, but did have a couple of photos of my intercooler when I removed it. Can't remember where they are now though !

IMO oil down there is all pretty normal and not really worth worrying about....

EDIT: As Nic (Cheshire Cat) said, what would be more worthwhile is to clean all the flies/leaves/stones etc out of the intercooler fins, to get as much airflow over it as possible. Easier to do when it's off the car - best way is to hose it through from the rear side to flush all the crap out of the front.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members