Allard EGR Race Pipe Help

Mike FR+

Hi

My EGR power pipe has just arrived and I'm reading the instructions as we speak.

In the fitting kit there are 2 nuts, 2 washers and 2 locking washers. They are meant to be for the blanking plate and gasket for the turbo end. Where am I meant to use them on my PD150? I'm confused as the original M5 allen bolts just came straight out of the manifold and weren't secured with any nuts or washers.

HELP lol

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
IIRC, the nuts, washers and locking washers are for the blanking plate which is to be fitted to the exhaust manifold

the 3 bolts you have removed which where holding the EGR valve to the intake manifold are used to fit the Allard Race pipe to the intake manifold

hope this helps:D

Mike FR+

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I'm confused as to where the bolts bolt onto. The M5 allen bolts just came straight out of the manifold, so nothing is there for them to bolt onto

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
this is what it looks like before

pd130turboprobs1.jpg

it should look like this when fitted

04022008.jpg

where did you M5 allen bolts come from in those pics?

Mike FR+

Hi cheers for the pics.

The bolts were the original ones that I took off with the EGR.

The problem I have is with the bolts for the blanking plate. Apparently they have to have the bolts and locking washers on, but I cant see how they will bolt on as the blanking plate and gasket bolts go straight into the manifold and you cant see the bolt ends to connect the washers to.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
ahh, i think i understand.....

just use the M5 allen bolts you've taken out to clamp the blanking plate on.
i think on some fitments studs are used, so you would need new locking nuts.
use the washers that came with the kit if you can still get enough thrad into the mainifold.
probably best just use the locking washers;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.