best economy?

kamalahmed1

Hi
I have a mk4 ibiza 100bhp tdi which has been remapped.I want to know what is the best way to get the best economy is?I know you may be thinking,if i wanted the best economy then why remap the car.Thing is want to mainly get the best economy like we all do and now and then have the extra power when needed.
Is it to keep driving in the optimum torque range,as I have read somewhere on SCN thats the best way?
For example: I am driving on a 40 road and in 3rd gear itl hit 40 around 2.4-2.5k rpm(according to dyno,max torque is between 1.9-2.45.Or would it be better to shift to 4th and revs being under 1.9krpm?
my ave economy is around 20litres in urban giving me 160-180miles,gud or bad?Car only done 8.5k.
Went to wales a few weeks back,round trip with full load ave at 53mpg(combined)This is driving normal and every now and then giving it a boot.
One last thing,as the car has only done 8.5k,would there be any need to use millers,as it seems to be very good.car will be serviced at 10k from seat and I doubt they will go out of their way to maximise everything as I have a service plan with them.
Any ideas?
THANKS

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
I've found that using light-ish throttle and keeping the revs below 2k whenever the engine is not under heavy load yields good results. Different engines with different maps will yield different results. The best advice is to experiment yourself.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
get some miles on it. its still tight, no where near run in, you will see an improvment after 20k and 30k. Make sure its run in properly (ie not granny driven and allowed to warm up, this is covered in the TDI FAQ on here). Then after that yes your right, if cross country driving then peak torque is the best.

Theres several threads on this whole topic also in the TDI section so have a read back through.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.