air box mod....

jezza49

cupra tdi 150
Jul 1, 2008
maidstone, kent
Hi Guys,:D

been doing a bit of a search about on here and keep coming across the air box mod(ie drilling extra holes and smoothing fins inside box + performance panel filter) is this the far best thing to do as ive heard induction kits on tdi`s are not really worth it? mine is the mrk 1 cupra tdi 150 who has done it and did you notice any diffrence ect ect....

cheers
jay

brad1

I noticed a big difference, smooth it out and drill it, bigger cold air feed, and a decent panel filter, you wont be dissapointed ;)

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
There was a really good guide on here somewhere of a member smoothing & drilling their leon mk1 airbox, and I used this as a guide for my mk3 ibiza. Anyone know which thread I'm on about? I can't find it anywhere!

Anyway, if you find that thread, that's a really useful guide to exactly how to do it all!

jezza49

cupra tdi 150
Jul 1, 2008
maidstone, kent
There was a really good guide on here somewhere of a member smoothing & drilling their leon mk1 airbox, and I used this as a guide for my mk3 ibiza. Anyone know which thread I'm on about? I can't find it anywhere!

Anyway, if you find that thread, that's a really useful guide to exactly how to do it all!

yeah if im correct i printed that one out step by step instructions ect really good guide! looks simple enough may aswell give it a go! cheers...:D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.