big ibiza cupra tdi issue!

rob_pd160

hi guys, i have a 2004 ibiza cupra tdi and it has developed a stupid problem. engine management light has been on since about a week after i fitted an allard egr delete pipe (about 3 months ago) but suddenly the car has now become strangled and wont boost. vag-com read the ecu and fault codes were about the egr valve and n239 valve, which would both be related to the fact there is no egr valve on the car, so this cant be the issue. the car just wont boost until around 3k, even then it doesn't all the time. its really slow now, no dodgy rattles or anything, smoke etc. but just no performance?! anyone got a clue what it could be? cheers!

rob_pd160

yer that can be mapped out not too much of an issue, just wondering where my boost has gone! some people have said maf? anyone?!

rob_pd160

yer tried that, no smoke at all! doesn't make a difference un-plugging the maf which has confused me!

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Check the N239, perhaps a vacume pipe has popped off?? Or maybe a boost pipe wored loose?

I lost boost a while ago and it turned out to be the vacume pipe on the back of the air box!!

rob_pd160

Did you clear the fault codes?

Did the same ones return?

yep same ones popped straight back up, couldn't clear them!

Check the N239, perhaps a vacume pipe has popped off?? Or maybe a boost pipe wored loose?

I lost boost a while ago and it turned out to be the vacume pipe on the back of the air box!!

from my understanding the n239 is on the egr, which is in the garage! where else could it be connected or what other pipes would i need to check? the ones running from the vacuum solenoid on the driver side suspension turret all seem to be connected fine/not blocked etc.!

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
fair enough!! Im guessing you had to join together the pipes or block some of from the EGR? Are the connections / Block offs tight and not letting air escape? Some other pipes to check would be on the N75 valve, on the bulkhead kind of in the centre of the bay!

rob_pd160

basically you had to cut the pipe that goes to the top of the egr and the one that goes to the n239, and just leave them to vent to air (this is directly from the allard egr delete pipe instructions!) so they are just tucked out of the way! found out last night though when it does hit boost it smokes quite heavily! could that be something to do with the vnt on the turbo? or sticky vanes?! help lol! and n75 valve is beyond me where would that one be?!

Last edited by a moderator:

rob_pd160

FIXED!!! wiring had broken down from the loom to the vacuum solenoid that sits on the strut top when someone fitted the strutbrace and didn't notice they had crushed a bundle of wires!

strugers1

did you find that your boost went down T CERTin revs then built back up??? i having a similar problem to you mate

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members