Alarm issues

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
Thanks for the replies. I'm worried about buying a new Comfort module off ebay, many cheaply made crap on ebay and have had to deal with and made something work because the seller was a man sausage and would just resort to shouting down the phone which with my short fuse ended up in a mess. Might try a second hand one and get it programmed.

Denzil

May 2, 2008
South Wales
I had a weird alarm problem. It was going off when I was driving because my Leon still had the original car battery in it, and it was not pushing out enough volts. A new battery cured it for me.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
I had a weird alarm problem. It was going off when I was driving because my Leon still had the original car battery in it, and it was not pushing out enough volts. A new battery cured it for me.

That doesn't sound right.

A car battery's output is not an issue when driving as the power is generated by the alternator. If the battery can start the car without problems and you don't notice issues when running like dimming lights or the battery light coming on the warning panel then all should be good.

I hate to say it but replacing the battery may be a temporary fix.

LCR285

Oct 3, 2017
Did replacing the comfort module cure this fault? I have similar thing. I replaced my drivers locking module as wasn't locking and immediately lost lights on buzzer. Equally no entry or puddle lights; also replaced the battery too. Will keys need recoded if change the CCM?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Did replacing the comfort module cure this fault? I have similar thing. I replaced my drivers locking module as wasn't locking and immediately lost lights on buzzer. Equally no entry or puddle lights; also replaced the battery too. Will keys need recoded if change the CCM?

Sounds like your comfort module. Buzzer, puddle lights etc. Shouldn’t need recoding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi thanks; would CCM be causing the alarm issue too?

It has given me alarm issues before on my Cupra.
Think mine was not locking certain doors or boot etc so when arming the alarm it would think there was a problem. I noticed the flash of the indicators when locking didn’t work on occasion, upon checking there would always be something that wouldn’t lock.
If it doesn’t blink correctly it’s because it’s not happy the car is securing itself properly.
That coupled with no buzzer for lights and no low fuel audible alarm led to the CM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
I've cured the alarming issue by replacing the drivers lock but ideally would like to do the other doors as well. Good luck if you have sealed your leaky doors with bitumen because it took a hair dryer and a Stanley knife. As for the ccm that's not been done yet, I phoned tps to enquire about a replacement and it's been discontinued, and won't be doing anything till the end of the month as I had to escape the cold and is posting this from Cape Town in about 27 degrees of lovely sunshine enjoying a cold beer.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I've cured the alarming issue by replacing the drivers lock but ideally would like to do the other doors as well. Good luck if you have sealed your leaky doors with bitumen because it took a hair dryer and a Stanley knife. As for the ccm that's not been done yet, I phoned tps to enquire about a replacement and it's been discontinued, and won't be doing anything till the end of the month as I had to escape the cold and is posting this from Cape Town in about 27 degrees of lovely sunshine enjoying a cold beer.

Result. Nice and warm.
It needs to be beer eh?
There's no more water!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
The issues with the alarm is ongoing. I've replaced all the door and boot locks, drivers door 3 times. I've checked and cleaned bonnet catch/lock, replaced ccm. Checked the wiring and plugs, as much as is possible without ripping the interior out. Is there anything else to check/replace, any help is appreciated

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
Forgot to say that I've replaced the car battery, Disconnected the interior alarm sensors and disconnected the alarm horn as I didn't want to cause issues with the neighbours.

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
Yes it is, I've checked both rear door wiring looms and still no issue found. I'm in the prosess of taking the drivers door loom to check but please is there anyone who can help. I've phoned 2 mobile auto electricians and both calmly replied by saying no point in throwing money at it.

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
Not sure how this is related to my issue but when I push the auto eject button at the bottom of the b-pillar the light would change colour and stayed red. I've read somewhere on here that it's meant to change to Amber once pressed or do I have it wrong. My doors were letting in water as while ago, is it possible that that might have something to do with it?

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
I'm having a few issues with the front door looms so I've decided to check and clean the earths on the car. I've done the 3 under the battery tray, the one under the steering is fine. Does anyone know of any others on the car near the ecu perhaps? I didn't notice any in the boot lid but then I was fixated on the lock at the time. Has anyone got any experience in removing the ecu? Is it something that can be done quite easy, do u need any special tools and can it be done without damaging the ecu and or any related wiring or fixings?
Thanks
Ed

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.