Front and rear fogs stopped working, affects Leon too??

Deleted member 5241

Pretty handy really with all this fog we're getting at the minute :doh:

Anyway, when I select front or rear fogs they don't come on. Tried the fuse (#36, 15 Amp) and it has blown, changed fuse and put the fog lights on, pop fuse blows. All other lights are fine.

My guess is the headlight switch, its the only common thing in the circuit. So, has anybody else had this?

How do you get the switch out? I can't figure it at the minute but I've just come off nights so that could be a factor. I have ordered a switch through Seat and they are £68.76, not good.

I'll let you know how it goes, I did a search but couldn't find the answer I needed.

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
To remove the switch, push it in and turn it the wrong way - it will then pop out.

Headlight switches are a notorious weak point on VAG cars. I got through three in a year on my Golf Mk3.

Have you upgraded the bulbs?

Simon.

Deleted member 5241

Thanks for that, I'll have a bash at it tomorrow. No, the bulbs are std, might consider the Philips Vision Plus ones at a later date though.

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
Odd. People usually kill their headlight switches with overwattage bulbs or aftermarket stereos. Sounds you you just got a duff switch.

Simon.