My JBS story... yes another one... Sachs Clutch

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
The service from CBP is first class.
My Sachs organic does not slip and is fine in operation, I just wish the bite point was similar to stock.
Glynn

banger 115

May 19, 2005
thanks for the reply Mike,

I never intended to make this problem known, but after over 2 months of phone calls to JBS and few to yourselfs i found myself looking at a brick wall. If this had been sorted this link would never had been writen in the first place.

As mentioned i never wanted my money back just a quality product that worked and i was assured SACHS organic clutch would. Which in my case never did.

hope to speak later to sort a happy ending to this story with SACHS and JBS come out smelling of roses..

Paul

banger 115

May 19, 2005
thanks for the reply Mike,

I never intended to make this problem known, but after over 2 months of phone calls to JBS and few to yourselfs i found myself looking at a brick wall. If this had been sorted this link would never had been writen in the first place.

As mentioned i never wanted my money back just a quality product that worked and i was assured SACHS organic clutch would. Which in my case never did.

hope to speak later to sort a happy ending to this story with SACHS and JBS come out smelling of roses..

banger 115

May 19, 2005
hi glynnd,

yes agreed, not said its not a quality product but didnt work in my case.

Never intended to bring all this to the forum, but people might be interested in the back up service you get from some tuning companies.

Still might be a good outcome to this, well fingers crossed.

T. Spark

Caveo deleted the thread, taking everyones' input with it. :shrug:

Correct. It wasnt admin/mod that deleted Caveo clutch issue thread, is was Caveo himself, now you can ask yourselves why he deleted later ;)

Hope this gets sorted, and with as little fuss to yourself as possible banger

caveo

My sach clutch clutch is bob-on but lets not get me started on SPEC ...... lol

banger 115

May 19, 2005
Sorry zboyd, wasn`t sure which sub forum to put the link into........

sorry Paul..:confused

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
I hope this gets sorted for you..

just a quick question banger... apart from reversing/ high biting point, how did the clutch perform?

thanks!

banger 115

May 19, 2005
hi,

the clutch worked fine, no slipping under acceleration just reversing issue & high biting point...

JBS Sales

Hi Paul,

Please see the reply to you initial post.

Hi all,

I`m after some advice really, with a problem ive had for quite along time..

Had car CC phase 1 ran ok, then needed new clutch due to clutch slipping in the winter months.
Waited for some time for JBS to sort out a group Buy, so went ahead with the SACHS organic clutch group buy.

This is where the problem really started....

Had clutch fitted plus a few other bits, dog bone mount think it was.

Now soon as i drove away with the car i noticed that the clutch biting point was at the top of the peddle plus abit stiffer feel, the stiffness didnt bother but the biting point did.

We always test drive cars after a fitment of a clutch to ensure pedal feel and biting points are correct, at this point, IF the clutch was a high biting point from normal SACHS clutch kits we would have investigated the fault further until it was rectified.

I rang Mike up to tell him about the peddle, he said leave it till it beds in or words to that affect. Also rang racepads at catterick to ask some advise ( sachs uk suppier i think ), Paul up there said should be like standard or a little higher biting point, which it wasn`t.

So took car back to JBS for checking, they replaced the clutch (under good will ive since been told). I find it hard to believe that they would replace a clutch if it wasn`t faulty and waste 4 man hours doing so....??
This was the same as the last one high biting pioint, also car used to judder like it was going to stall when reversing slow.
Still not happy contacted Mike again, was then told the clutches are running abit higher than standard, thats how they are..

As I always say, the SACHS clutch kits are not too far from a stock pedal feel, as it is a performance clutch kit it will never be the same as a standard clutch. The reason I asked you to try and bed it in further as it has been noted before that after the bedding in period vibrations and the like will disappear.

Last year we replaced the clutch, which was also warranted by SACHS under good will – at this point the flywheel was to be found still in good condition no excess play on the top plate. After fitting the clutch the biting point and pedal feel was as expected.

I took the code out of the car and ran it for around 8 months, juddering in reverse still.

Had a new DMF fitted from SEAT, they told me that the flywhell was blue and the clutch friction plate was the same, so had standard clutch fitted, took the back Sachs organic one to JBS. Also they took software back to standard because car was going back to SEAT.
Mike agreed that the clutch was a bit blue and was sent back to SACHS.

At this point, I would like to say that Paul, you openly told me that you had been slipping the clutch, which would as I have spoke with you will cause the flywheel and cover plate to blue.

After the OEM flywheel and clutch were fitted you said the vibration had gone, but this was only for a shot time as you called me later on that week saying that the judder with the standard clutch and new flywheel had come back – but the biting point was lower.

Somewhat if I recall was a week later, you called me again saying that you had changed the air mass meter and that the judder had gone?

Also the fact that you are only getting judder in reverse and not in first when taking up drive is very strange, as nothing in regards to the clutch changes if it is in reverse or first.

Ive had a phone call from Mike at JBS this morning saying SACHS aint going to going to replace or cough up ant money for a new one either are JBS. Also was told that the one i sent back is ok, but they wouldn`t fit it unless i payed for it fitting.

Paul, we have changed the clutch for you as a good will gesture and in both cases there was nothing found to be at fault with either clutches, other than this one with a little bluing on the pressure plate, which is down to you slipping the clutch.

The clutch from your car is still in fairly good condition and could almost be used again.

I am now left with a standard clutch and no code and over a 1K out of pocket.
I have never bad mouthed JBS on any forum and given them over 2 month to sort this,
but am so very annoyed at the outcome with the SACHS organic clutch carry on..

They JBS and SACHS are not interested in any helping any further, which i very sad..

Just a note, i drive for lgv`s for a living and dont slip clutches, i wouldn`t be working for the same company fro 8 years if i did.

cheers Paul

I believe that an LGV clutch will take much more abuse, as they are designed to take much more load.

So from openly telling me that you have slipped the clutch and the vibration has come back after the OEM clutch and flywheel had been fitted, then telling me that the MAF fixed the judder issue, I find this very unfair how you have explained the problem you have had.

Now I have spoken with Mike at CBP and he was waiting your call to see what they are prepared to offer but, as we have already changed the clutch under warranty for you we are no longer prepared to work on your vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Mike, what is JBS' normal warranty on part supplied & fitted by yourselves?

I think a clear cut & public policy would be useful given the recent high profile clutch issue threads

JBS Sales

Terms of Business: See 8.2
TERMS-OF-BUSINESS.jpg

Here is the report from SACHS - Paul's is the one that is NOT marked
RB3004487_1.jpg

RB3004487_2.jpg

They are a little difficult to read but I hope you can.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

caveo

dont worry too much if your sach clutch's biting point being too high , mines high and i quite like it there

banger 115

May 19, 2005
Hi Mike JBS,

thanks for the reply.

First of all i have NEVER mentioned that the clutch was slipping, the only time clutch slip was mentioned was when you said " i must be slipping when you are reversing".

I did ring you to say that i have a problem with a hesitation issue under hard acceleration and the MAF replaced, but you are wrong in saying it cured the problem besause it never did.
The EGR as been taken off cleaned and a standard air filter fitted, the car has now ok

I have also spoken to Paul & Mike from CBP who were very helpful, they wanted to sort this all out, and i believe are going to speak to yourselfs shortly.

If JBS dont want to work on my car in the future thats upto JBS, but as i said to Mike of CBP on the phone i dont want any anamoisty between anyone just what i payed for a quality clutch which i still believe SACHS is.

Just to add when speaking to Mike at CBP, i told Mike if there is an underlying problem with the clutch master cylinder or any thing else for that matter it will be dealt with.

Also Mike JBS,
if your not willing to work on my car anymore, where do i stand regarding my CC which was took out and told would be reinstalled when things were sorted out.
Also i have said to Mike at JBS i never wanted to go down this route in the first place, wanted it sorting in house really but live and learn i suppose.

Paul.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.