My JBS story... yes another one... Sachs Clutch

T. Spark

Had any work done there T.spark ?

It seems to me that alot of people that post on here will just jump on the bandwagon without any dealings with said company, you may have spent thousands with them and had loads of problems but my guess is that you have had no work done there at all ? Please tell me in wrong though.

OK I will tell you are wrong :D

Your right on one point, I have spent thousands with them and I personally have had very few problems with JBS, and personally Mike @ JBS has helped me loads, however thats not due to JBS but due to Mike.

Ive had coilovers, arbs, brakes, remaps etc all done down there. Aswell as every service since the car was bought in 2005.

Does this mean my car will get anymore work done there? No.

Anyway, carry on.

banger 115

May 19, 2005
Zboyd,

I agree with not slating a company if you have never dealt with them, but in this instance i have as a few others by the sounds of it.

I was hoping JBS would come to the table at bring this issue to rest as SACHS for there part are willing to. Saying they dont want to work on my car surely commercial suicude and not what i expected from what i thought was a quality company.

Also agree with T. spark that Mike @ JBS as been very helpful.

dieselhead1

Another post deleted with out explanation

Hi, any idea why jbs/ custom code have been banned from briskoda

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Zboyd,

I agree with not slating a company if you have never dealt with them, but in this instance i have as a few others by the sounds of it.

I was hoping JBS would come to the table at bring this issue to rest as SACHS for there part are willing to. Saying they dont want to work on my car surely commercial suicude and not what i expected from what i thought was a quality company.

Also agree with T. spark that Mike @ JBS as been very helpful.

However by virtue or otherwise, others tend to come out of the woodwork to flame companies because everyone else is. It then tends to trip off subject.

I'll remind people that by taking the fight to the forums, you have involved 'us' even if we would rather of stepped back and not have an opinion on it either way.

What I will be 100% crystal clear on is this simple fact. SCN comes first, above any company or any company dispute with its customers that placed here. If we feel it's gone far enough then the dispute ends for no other reason than to protect this site.

I'll also reiterate my earlier post that we do not remove negative posts for any financial reason, sponsorship or not, JBS are free to make their own commercial decisions based on where they choose to advertise. We are however not their customer service department and nor are we an officially sanctioned means of customers complaint. If you want to take a complaint further speak to trading standards.

If you would like a more clearly defined reason then you can PM or Email me and I'll explain it further.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Hi, any idea why jbs/ custom code have been banned from briskoda

Erm, how about you ask Briskoda :confused: We don't make their policy.

Perfect example of why your post was deleted. :thumbd:

I'll also remind you this is a privately owned forum and if we choose to remove something based on our best judgement we will do. We are not public servants, and freedom of speech is only free if it's on a server you own. ;)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
I used a stock clutch with Stage 3 IHI for 20K with no probs, I then went g60+lightened flywheel. No probs at all. Supplied and fitted at Jabbasport its still going strong and the car is smokin (in a good way).

Give jabba a ring and see what they can do.

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
JBS would be nice to hear what you have to say about this now after hearing everones comments views,maybe then the thread could be locked otherwise this will go on for ever.
we all know you watching this thread dont be shy;)

JBS Sales

I believe the answers were in my first post.

I have been openly told by customer that he has been slipping the clutch which is why the clutch was blue, this is classed as USER ABUSE, although it is now being denied. The problem was fixed after fitting other parts to the car, again something I was told over the phone.

As for the T&C - I would like to point out that Awesome, Jabbasport, Turbo Dynamics, Regal etc etc etc offer no warranty if a car has been used on a track etc etc. What you will find if you call them (I would also like to point out same with us) IF your car has been used on track and there is a problem we will try our best to help. IF it turns out that the fault is down to something caused by user abuse then no warranty is offered.

Now, we have already changed this clutch once under good will (this part everyone seems to be forgetting) the first time it was changed there was nothing wrong with the clutch, same as this time. We cannot keep offering a warranty on parts that have NO faults. Even SACHS Germany has reported no faults and I am sure that SACHS know what they are looking for.

If it was damaged in fitment, the pressure plate would have been bent - this would have been picked up by SACHS and there would have been a vibration in 1st-6th and reverse taking up drive. It is VERY strange that the clutch only vibrates in reverse as a clutch does not know what gear it is in and regardless of gear it will make no difference on pedal feel/vibrations, again also pointed out by Mike at CBP.

As agreed with Paul we will put the tuned file back on his car for him, but we feel after this post and not pointing out all the facts it has been VERY unfair.

I would like to say that this is my last post regarding this issue on this thread.

Mike

banger 115

May 19, 2005
I NEVER AT ANY TIME TOLD YOU OR ANYONE AT JBS, that i was slipping the clutch as stated the only time it was mentioned was was when you yourself mentioned it must be slipping when reversing..

my issue wasn`t a slipping clutch only high peddle & reversing problem...

Paul

also my car as never seen a track never mind a drag strip

Last edited:

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
The only way I see this ever reaching a satisfactory conclusion for either party is to let a court decide as I can see both sides of the argument.

johnyardley

Hi, I think that it's over to you JBS - sort the guy out !!!!

John

I NEVER AT ANY TIME TOLD YOU OR ANYONE AT JBS, that i was slipping the clutch as stated the only time it was mentioned was was when you yourself mentioned it must be slipping when reversing..

my issue wasn`t a slipping clutch only high peddle & reversing problem...

Paul

also my car as never seen a track never mind a drag strip

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
Well after getting a remap done at JBS who then reliably told me the turbo was faulty even though it wasn't AND I did replace it, had the map removed ect...

I was going to get them involved in changing my clutch for the uprated saches one, don't think I will now lol!

Also i'm a mechanic by trade and TBH the way JBS are going about this is all wrong, you've taken this lads money and run like the wind.
All you are doing is giving guys like me an even worse reputation as monkies!
To make a statement as to no longer going to work on the vehicle, thats just pethetic really, IMO I don't think you know what the real problem is and you've used up all your resorces TBH.

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
My two penn'th.

I have a Sachs organic clutch and it does have a higher bite point and a more on/off engagement than a standard clutch. This is normal I believe and a characteristic of the increased clamping force of the pressure plate.

Couple this with a cheap and nasty poly dogbone mount ( I notice the original poster said this was fitted at the same time as the original clutch) then some vibration will be felt when engaging the clutch under load, which will no doubt be worse in a diesel than a petrol engine as they are inherently less smooth at idle.

As Sachs stated there was nothing wrong with the original clutch and I suspect the some time was needed to let the dogbone mount bed in before engaement became acceptable and indeed a bit of re-learning when pulling away is needed as I have done. For me too reverse seems harder to judge than first for some reason.

Personally I've just ordered a rubber bushed (not poly) dogbone mount for this very reason and hope to see some improvement.

For the record I don't think I have a problem with my clutch - it's performed fine for me including a trackday - but as with most uprated parts there are some less desirable "features" compared to OEM.

banger 115

May 19, 2005
hi there,

if your asking about me... No JBS didnt want to know...

unlike Sachs, sent me a replacement

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise