harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Just ordered one of these.

conicalcentrechromelarge.jpg

Top O/D 140mm, Bottom O/D 175mm, Length 172mm. Lovely.:D

Nice 1 mate and i bet you will never look back, awsome bit of kit let us know how you get on will be nice 2 see what happens :D

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I've had for a while waiting to be fitted the 800bhp model. Its fe*king huge, like a waste paper bin. I had a blode moment when i bought it but it has a 100mm neck and i can just about make it fit.:D

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
just checked, k&n for 70mm cupra maf measures 120mm length, 130mm width at the top tapedred to 110mm ish at the base.

may go for the one above rated to 250 bhp, im thinking open ended to allow more air in, with a feed attatched to the open end. just need to find the width of the open end, im sure a feed could be attatched into the open end, thus forcing more air in..... thoughts?

J0N

Defected!
http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/colourfilters.php?insided=70mm

wont these type force more air in due to having open end as opposed to blanked off end guys? filters look slightly smaller.

Jamjay mentioned something similar;

Is the filter a twin-cone, like the Green twin-cone? That will help will help with MAF readings surely as the CAI will be pointing directly into the centre of the filter and not the solid end of it like most cone filters.

mid_greenair_pow_conical.jpg

Not sure if there'd be much of an advantage unless you're fitting a CAI in which case this type would be perfect. Some might say that what you're gaining at the end you may be losing slightly at the sides, I suppose it depends on the size and shape of the inner cone.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
hmmmh, so im not sure if the benefits of the open ended cone losing overall size even with cold air feed incorporated into the cone outweigh just getting the biggest baddest filter i can find(jetex) although the open ended do come in sexy red to match my bay!!

lcrb

Aug 4, 2008
lanarkshire
I've got one of these JR cones on my lcr, gives a really nice growl also can really hear the dv and turbo seems to spool up faster. car feels alot more responsive. I also have a heat sheild round it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.