adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I mounted my filter today [not Jetex]

Could you do something like this?

88175008.jpg

96817084.jpg

Loads of places selling those extensions your after on ebay :)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I've just posted this in the Forge section. They should be able to sort somthing. There's bound to be something to secure a bracket to, if not I'll have to get the drills out.

You can get those from ebay, i have just bought a 70>80mm silicon hose and a 80mm pipe for my Jetex to fit the Cupra, just search "silicon and 80mm" you will get loads to choose from. :D
Johnny could you run through how to do the logs, i will run one to compare my Neuspeed against the Jetex, cheers.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You can get those from ebay, i have just bought a 70>80mm silicon hose and a 80mm pipe for my Jetex to fit the Cupra, just search "silicon and 80mm" you will get loads to choose from. :D
Johnny could you run through how to do the logs, i will run one to compare my Neuspeed against the Jetex, cheers.

Not sure if this helps Phil? I stole it off the Revo guide I was just reading.

"MAF Output : Vag Com block 002, Column 4 or block 003, Column 2
Looking at the above data blocks values @full load should be in the region of:

1.8T K04 car 190-205 g/s
1.8T K03 car 150-170 g/s
2.0T FSI car (smaller turbo) 190-205 g/s
2.0T FSI car (larger turbo) 240-250 g/s

Bear in mind environmental conditions and modifications will have an effect on MAF
values. Hot weather will see lower values.
Either a faulty MAF giving a missleading signal or an inefficient intake tract will cause
the engine to pull back the boost and fueling values. If values showing a 10% or
greater loss in air flow are seen it would suggest a MAF problem"

"The most efficient datalogs are those taken over longer ‘pull’ durations through the
rev range. For example; a 4th gear pull from 2000rpm to 6500rpm will give more
information than a 3rd or 2nd gear pull through the same rpm range as it will take
longer so more information is recorded. The only problem with this is it also takes
more space to do, and at a higher terminal speed… Revo do not condone breaking
speed limits"

J0N

Defected!
people i have spoke to jetex and due to high demand on these filters they have sold out and have ordered a batch to come in the end of next week just to let you all know

cheers

Got this email from Neil Jones at Jetex.

"Hi Jon,

Ah, so you are the culprit then! Yes, thank you for the positive comments. I have ordered more into stock, so if anyone asks you about the filters, we should have more in about 1 weeks or so.

Regards,

Neil
Jetex"

J0N

Defected!

Ok Phil, I'm a bit new to this but I'll do my best and if anyone wants to add anything feel free.

Open Vag-Com and hit the select control module button.
Press 01- Engine.
Press Measuring Blocks and you should get a screen similar to this depending on which version you're running.

Vag-Com3112UserManual.jpg

In the first group box, (in the pic it says 001) put 003 and hit GO.
003 is RPM, Air Mass (which is the one you're interested in), Throttle Angle and Ignition Angle.

In the second group box, (in the pic it says 003) put 020 and hit GO.
020 is Ignition Angles.

When you've done that hit the LOG button and you'll see a screen like this;

2-1.jpg

Now you need to tootle along in 3rd or 4th gear at just below 2000rpm, (4th is best but you end up going too fast for public roads).
Hit the START button and then put your foot to the floor and continue all the way round to the redline, then hit the same button (which has now changed to a STOP button).
Now you can either hit the DONE,CLOSE button or if you fancy another go repeat the above but the START button is now RESUME.

Thats it I reckon. Of course, I can't be held responsible for any Vag Com/ECU disasters or any pile ups. ;)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
James, just get a 80>70mm reducer and 80mm connector, thats what i have done, the hose came the next day just waiting for the connecting pipe. Oh and i will get those pic'c for you asap ;)

Lee M

I have to say that I'm really pleased with this airfilter all round. Not a bad price either.

Hi Mate,

Looks like you've had great results with this set up :) & no heat sheild either.....

Have you run a cold air feed?

Any if you don't mind me asking have you got a phase 1 or 2 CC map? The reason I ask is i've just had a CC Ph.2 map done and was wondering if i'd need to get the car tweeked by CC to enable me to use one of these filters.

Cheers mate

Lee

J0N

Defected!
Hi Mate,

Looks like you've had great results with this set up :) & no heat sheild either.....

Have you run a cold air feed?

Any if you don't mind me asking have you got a phase 1 or 2 CC map? The reason I ask is i've just had a CC Ph.2 map done and was wondering if i'd need to get the car tweeked by CC to enable me to use one of these filters.

Cheers mate

Lee

I don't have a cold air feed at the moment and I have to admit that the ambient air temp was reletively low when I took the logs, 7 degrees iirc as it was on my way home from a night shift. I'm running phase one myself but I would'nt have though you'd have to have your map tweeked to run one of these filters, your ECU should sort out your air/fuel ratio when it detects a higher air intake.

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Have got to say them logs really do look good and the airflow has gone up a fair amount, am glad the jetex works for you mate enjoy it , not every day just an airfilter gives them kinds of increases :D by the way mine came with a bolt in the end of it and have used threaded rod to fix the filter to the original air box rubber mount with nuts ither side of big washers and coverd in blue vac line looks good. Have got some stuff orderd to mod the fliter and bracket but will post when am done may improve airflow and also produce a smoother flow so watch this space :funk:

Lee M

I don't have a cold air feed at the moment and I have to admit that the ambient air temp was reletively low when I took the logs, 7 degrees iirc as it was on my way home from a night shift. I'm running phase one myself but I would'nt have though you'd have to have your map tweeked to run one of these filters, your ECU should sort out your air/fuel ratio when it detects a higher air intake.

Cheers mate :)

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
James, just get a 80>70mm reducer and 80mm connector, thats what i have done, the hose came the next day just waiting for the connecting pipe. Oh and i will get those pic'c for you asap ;)

but the 80mm are out of stock phil... im gonna go 70mm with a 70mm connector to take it closer to the wing.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.