LCR stage 2 remapping

westy989

Nov 28, 2009
Cambridge
Hey guys,

Last year I made the best decision which was to remap my LCR.. loved it !

Now I am debating getting a downpipe and sports cat to free up some more power and noise.

I emailed AmD which is where I had my map done about a year ago. They said unless I get a bigger turbo intake pipe and a intercooler the gains won't be very big and even with those parts he said due to the age of the car it might not reach 280-290bhp

The car is currently 260bhp with just induction kit, cat back and forge dv.

For the parts I need and the upgrade in map I'll be looking at a **** load of cash and wondering if it's really worth it... I'm guessing probably not.

My LCR has now done 112k on the clock but runs pretty perfectly

What are people's thoughts ?

paulos44

Mar 11, 2013
Warwickshire
Hey guys,

Now I am debating getting a downpipe and sports cat to free up some more power and noise.

I emailed AmD which is where I had my map done about a year ago. They said unless I get a bigger turbo intake pipe and a intercooler the gains won't be very big and even with those parts he said due to the age of the car it might not reach 280-290bhp

For the parts I need and the upgrade in map I'll be looking at a **** load of cash and wondering if it's really worth it... I'm guessing probably not.

Well over a grand for 20-30 bhp ?????
I think you know the answer.......

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Hey guys,

I would say why not....if you dont want to spend big then keep an eye out for second hand parts, keep the original parts and when you come to sell it put back to standard, sell the car and then sell the upgraded parts separately. That way if you buy them second hand then sell them again, you should lose much if any money at all so they technically havent cost you anything.

Unfortunately, modifying cars is mostly dead money and expensive. If its what youre into though, which i am, thats what we do. I put 5k into a £400 saxo and my Leon cost me £1400 and im wanting to rebuild the engine, cage, buckets etc etc so itll be a similar story.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hey guys,

Why not.
Sometimes it’s not about the money with cars.
For most people it’s the most expensive purchase ever. ( other than property )
We drop crazy money for what takes our eye. So if you’re bored with the performance and drop a grand to put a smile back on your face , it’s money well spent.
To go out and buy a newish car that performs to the same level as your LCR will cost a shed load.
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea.
My car was standard. Then 250. Then 3 months later 270 there is a noticeable difference every step.
My mapper of choice is Bill at Badger5.
Who I travel 2 hrs to see.
I have a custom stage 1.
With the latest map and mods the power delivery is different to the first map. Smoother but power builds quicker , torque curve more severe, it’s faster in all gears and is an absolute joy to drive.
My downpipe is holding the car back as it’s not free flowing enough even though it’s a custom part.
I have a new custom downpipe to go on next month so may be back to B5 to tweak settings and squeeze out the last of its potential.
Sorry to waffle on but hope it helps you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
If you've got some spare cash, go for it! People pay more for a crappy holiday & you have nothing to show for it after. With this you will be smiling every time you get in the car. I am sadly waiting until my kids leave home and stop draining us of any 'fun' money. I guess I will ready for the MK3 then! :D

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
The AmD Stage 2 remap upgrade is for customers already running a AmD Stage 1 remap, the minimum requirements for a stage 2 is a full turbo back exhaust system.

Recommended Upgrades*(If Applicable)

Cold Air Intake (CAI) or Panel FilterUprated IntercoolerRunning Higher Octane Fuel (Tesco Momentum 99 or Shell V-Power 99)

(Please note,*the Stage 2 upgrade price is for the original purchaser of the AmD Stage 1 Remap only)

Got this from there web site. Minimum requirements?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
When I went to a stage 2 I put a paddle clutch in and a LBFW
I wish I went the whole hog and dropped some rods in there.

I am now considering LSD, and 350HP which will set me back 2k+labour.

Everyone tells me to put the money towards a different car but if I did I would only want to mod that so why not keep this one. The Leon still looks good, drives well and is cheap to insure.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
It's been said very well already, you need to consider can you afford it, if so, go for it, These cars are so underrated and easily tuned, but then the diminishing returns happens, less power increase for more money.

For a bigger turbo intake pipe - look at the Badger5 one, worth every penny and an intercooler - Wellycooler (ToyoSports) / Airtec should be on your radar.

Plus these cars are getting old, they are not new engines unless rebuilt. All the talk of big bhp numbers is not what I'm interested in, I like drivability, but that's just my preference.

Look at it this way, all in, my car owes me £7K+ but it will keep quite easily with cars worth 3-4 times or even more on the track. Drop £9+K on a rusty Focus RS mk1 or a £3K slower Civic type R, neither will be tuneable for the money as a Cupra R is, for example. Granted the RS will hold its money better, but the Cupra R will have its time :)

Trev

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members