Mii FM radio reception

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
My wife has a Mii Toca which she is generally very pleased with. Radio reception however is terrible - it will pick up BBC Radio 1,3 and 4 and Classic FM reliably, R2 most of the time, but local stations (BBC and commercial) are hopeless. Not a major problem for us as the wife rarely uses the radio, but it it SHOULD work if you want it. I know its not a local reception issue as our Leon is great on FM and DAB.

Will be reporting the issue when the car goes for its 1st service, but seems from various Up! and Citigo forums that this is a very widespread problem and solutions are not easily found (though dealers doing damage while attempting repairs seem VERY common!)

Not many Miis on here I know, but wondered if anyone had had the problem and found a solution?.

Last edited:

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
The problem lies with the dealers not having diagnostic capability of the unit, We see this about once a month and normally the best way to deal with it is to install a DAB radio you can try putting a new aerial on the vehicle but we've had little to no positive response from it

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
The problem lies with the dealers not having diagnostic capability of the unit, We see this about once a month and normally the best way to deal with it is to install a DAB radio you can try putting a new aerial on the vehicle but we've had little to no positive response from it

Many thanks for that.

In the meantime I have found (courtesy of the Up! forum) that the radio has a sort of self diagnostic function (hold the menu button depressed for 30 secs and a second tier of menu comes up). This showed that signal strength was virtually nil so I thought I'd try a longer aerial (42cm, £3.95 post paid off Ebay!) and this does seem to have done the trick (signal strength now pretty good), with R2 and our local stations having good reception. So I'll see how it goes for now...............

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.