2017 Mii

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Just thought I'd write a couple of my opinions on the new Mii here. My Ibiza FR is in for its first service today and I've been loaned a 17 plate 1.0 60hp Mii Design. I ALWAYS get a Mii when mine is in for service, I'd much prefer a Leon or an Areca but hey, it gets me from A to B and it's free!

I've driven a few of the older ones too and this is much of an improvement.

In Car Entertainment
The new stereo and phone mount are pretty useful. I like the colour screen and it's easy to navigate. Shame there's STILL no DAB.
Bluetooth is present though and streamed my Spotify perfectly.
The one big new advantage here are the speakers. Wow!
Now, I have SEAT Sound in my Ibiza but the speakers in this Mii are brilliant for such a small car. I noticed there were 6 speakers. Two in the back. Two in the front and two tweeters in the dash/A pillar.

Engine
Ive strangely only had the 75hp Mii's in the past, usually the 'Sport' model. I couldn't tell any difference in power with the 60hp engine I have today. MPG wise, I got 48Mpg on my journey to work this morning. This is achievable in my 1.0EcoTSI Ibiza too so quite surprising there. Maybe I was expecting more from the Mii...

Ride
Seats are nice, suspension is soft compared to my FR. Absorbs pot holes and bumps with ease. Feels like a little go kart. It reminds me of the old Ford KA in this respect. The front and rear windscreens however feel HUGE compared to my Ibiza! There is also more headroom. It's surprisingly roomy.
The steering is nice and precise and smooth which also adds to the go kart feel.

So if anyone is thinking of buying and wants to ask me anything just let me know. I've had a good look around it :)

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
What's it like to chuck about? What's the feel, balance and feed back like? For instance my mk1 Leon could throttle balance mid corner. The leons have tons of front end grip with progressive break away and don't get bounced about too easily by bumpy back roads.

My Cordoba on the other hand is the total opposite and pushes the nose far too easily. Also the back end is fairly planted but about twice a year tries to come around and bite you out of the blue. It's not nicely balanced and quite a handful to get back into shape. Not a car that likes being thrown about. You have to set it up for a corner and be smooth in and out with the power. It transfers weight to the outside wheel too readily and spins up the inside tyre.

Last edited:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
reminds me of the old Ford KA/QUOTE]

Wonder what improvements they've made as I never thought I'd read anything like this, as when I've driven one as courtesy car, for me I've always found the seat to give me back trouble within half hour, road handling to be unsettled, soft and under-steering with no feel through the wheel.

I've never had one long enough to check the fuel usage, but I doubt due to its small cc its that good in reality as ones foot will be further down to make progress.

Looking back, the original KA was a legal road go-cart, if they made a new one I'd buy one for the wife.

I've not driven a new KA+ but I notice for manufacturers costs, fuel, CO2 and reliability they have gone back to a normally aspirated engine..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.