Lee's forged cupra mk2

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I swear they are the exact same as the airtec ones without the label printed on it , No probs at all,
What you planning after this?
Judging from the marks they look like factory seconds , the surface scratches and grinding marks but overall build quality is spot on. So as you could imagine companys have some that dont pass fully. Where i worked before we used to sell any cosmetic marked stock on to another company.

Just want to sort these hoses out now but trying to do it under the car is hard with the car on the floor.

Next mods are HPFP , koni str suspension kit and maybe the runner flap delete;)

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I swear they are the exact same as the airtec ones without the label printed on it , No probs at all,
What you planning after this?
Removed the intercooler temporary and refitted standerd. Was struggling getting the hose to fit without kinking

Could you send me a picture of yours?

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Yes mate I will take a photo , I will be fitting some new parts tomorrow so I will get some then . I used a small 60mm length , (70mm diameter) bung in the middle you can get it on eBay , that’s what I would suggest and the. I bought 2 sets of 76mm silicon hoses and just sorted them over each end and trimmed the hoses to suit the angle with 2 jubilee clips on engine part then the T bolt clamp on the intercooler part

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
Just a word of warning, them replacement intercooler cores are not that good. I know of 3 people who fitted them and had flow issues. They fitted a wellycooler and the flow issues went away.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Just a word of warning, them replacement intercooler cores are not that good. I know of 3 people who fitted them and had flow issues. They fitted a wellycooler and the flow issues went away.
Think i may go that route myself. I like the look of the wellycooler. Il be reading your build thread if i do. Half get tempted to just leave it as it is and sort out the visuals its more than powerful enough for street driving

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
Think i may go that route myself. I like the look of the wellycooler. Il be reading your build thread if i do. Half get tempted to just leave it as it is and sort out the visuals its more than powerful enough for street driving

I was looking at the similar replacement core and was massively put off and Niki even said they had flow issues. You should defo change for a wellycooler, better flow and make it more reliable ;)

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
My car made basically 370 and 410 ft lbs with this intercooler on , no water meth or anything , so I don’t think it doing to much of a bad job to be honest, I would question the gains of a different one for the price , this one is more then sufficient for stage 2+ in my opionion

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
My car made basically 370 and 410 ft lbs with this intercooler on , no water meth or anything , so I don’t think it doing to much of a bad job to be honest, I would question the gains of a different one for the price , this one is more then sufficient for stage 2+ in my opionion
I may refit it when i see how youve plumbed yours in , i tried to different hoses and trimmed them down but they still kept kinking and i didnt like it. It feels stronger with the standard intercooler back on but I'm sure thats down to its been mapped with it on

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
If you go onto auto.silicon hoses website , they sell 135 degree hoses , you need. 76mm or 80mm I can’t remember what I used so just Measure the biggest pipe between the intercooler inlet pipe and the engine pipe and get 2 hoses the same size which fits over the biggest pipe,you also need a 90 degree hose and a bung off eBay for £5 or something then use to 2 jubilees 1 each side of the bung on the middle and then just keep trimming the ends of the 135 and 90 degree hose to get a perfect fit over the engine and intercooler pipes then secure with 2 jubilees on the engine side and one T bolt clamp on the intercooler inlet, they are much bigger then standard piping and mine has no kinks in at all, mine is wrapped in heat proof tape what was £5 aswell to Protect it as it’s close to touching the oil pan, if you haven’t got T bolt clamp , auto silicon hoses sell them , you only need 1, all I done when I done it was start with intercooler side and slide the hose over the intercooler inlet pipe then you have to use abit force and bend/squeeze the other side of the hose over the engine pipe while the intercooler hose stays on the inlet pipe if that makes any sense Lol , think all the hoses came to like 40/45£ and worked perfect after many different attempts by me!

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
There’s mine mate just wrapped in heat resistant tape , I can get some
From
Under the car when I do bush if you’d like

71i5c1.jpg

1e03rr.jpg

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I understand it is horrible when it doesn’t work , but this way definetely works well you just have to have patience to get ge piping correct, I will be fitting the bush Friday so I’ll
Get some pictures then for you

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I understand it is horrible when it doesn’t work , but this way definetely works well you just have to have patience to get ge piping correct, I will be fitting the bush Friday so I’ll
Get some pictures then for you
I look forward to it lol il get the hoses ordered and have a take 2 attempt

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Just make sure you order the correct size 76 or 80mm hose
Which ever One which goes over the biggest pipe then get. Intercooler bung in eBay like 50-80mm long what is a between 1-5mm less diameter then hose you’ve ordered , then you should be good :D

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Done abit of digging for you and that’s the link I bought mine from , I think I bought mine 76mm diameter and 60mm length but mine was tight so I would get probably 70mm length just message them and they make any length size for you :) it is very easily kinked when you have no bung but once the bungs in the middle and the 2 hoses either side it’s impossible to kink

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-...%3A05b147231610a9c4d750fa36ffe35d1e%7Ciid%3A1

You need the 76mm and I’m
Sure you need the 80mm 135 degree and the 80mm
90 degree hose , 4 jubilee clips and one 1 T bolt to secure hoses to pipes and I’d get some heat resistant tape while your there

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.