Leon FR Rear spoiler

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Hi. would like to add the rear spoiler to my 65 plate Leon FR. I know SG Petch do one for £138.12 which is primed and ready to paint, so my question is this-

Does anyone know what the genuine SEAT part no is and approx. how much a Dealer would charge for painting and fitting it?

Also, if I purchased the SG Petch one (which I think some of you guys have done, does it look good) and what about spraying and fitting it? Would I just take it to a bodyshop, give them the paint code and get them to fit it, and what would they charge I wonder? Anyone done any of this and what was end result like?

Any help greatly appreciated. I don't mind paying a bit more for genuine part and fitting if its worth the extra.

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
I actually just got a Cupra spoiler for my FR. Looks less chavy than the accessory spoiler in my opinion.

Mine actually goes into be painted tomorrow and is costing me £90+ vat for spraying it. Although i had been quoted between £80-150 + vat for spraying from other places

One thing to remember is that there is different spoilers for the 3d (SC) and 5d versions.
The 3d codes start 5F3
The 5d codes start 5F4

I'm going to be fitting mine myself this weekend. It should be pretty easy, Tiger Seal is the stuff to use :D

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I was looking at the rear spoiler and side skirts on the SG Petch website yesterday. They are genuine SEAT parts.

BT3469

Dec 12, 2016
St Neots
I actually just got a Cupra spoiler for my FR. Looks less chavy than the accessory spoiler in my opinion.

Mine actually goes into be painted tomorrow and is costing me £90+ vat for spraying it. Although i had been quoted between £80-150 + vat for spraying from other places

One thing to remember is that there is different spoilers for the 3d (SC) and 5d versions.

The 3d codes start 5F3

The 5d codes start 5F4

I'm going to be fitting mine myself this weekend. It should be pretty easy, Tiger Seal is the stuff to use :D

Hi
Got a actual part number for the cupra one?
Do they fit properly? Isn’t a cupra slightly different ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Hi
Got a actual part number for the cupra one?
Do they fit properly? Isn’t a cupra slightly different ?

The SC one is 5F3827933CGRU, I guess the 5d is 5F4827933CGRU. Also the GRU just means it's primed.

but... don't expect it be to cheap they are £350-400, but i managed to pick one up for £200.

The tailgate on the two cars are exactly the same, however you need to remove the high level break light as it clips into the gap, and the spoiler has one integrated. It's a lot easier than it sounds!

Hard to explain I was thinking about making a mini guide on the weekend because I couldn't find one on here.

mW2Ge

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Thanks for the info provided on my OP question. A guide would be super useful and I'm pleased other forum members are considering this. Keep the advice coming guys. Cheers :)

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
The SC one is 5F3827933CGRU, I guess the 5d is 5F4827933CGRU. Also the GRU just means it's primed.

but... don't expect it be to cheap they are £350-400, but i managed to pick one up for £200.

The tailgate on the two cars are exactly the same, however you need to remove the high level break light as it clips into the gap, and the spoiler has one integrated. It's a lot easier than it sounds!

Hard to explain I was thinking about making a mini guide on the weekend because I couldn't find one on here.

mW2Ge

You don't need to remove the high level brake light.
The spoiler simply sits on top of the existing tailgate.

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
You don't need to remove the high level brake light.
The spoiler simply sits on top of the existing tailgate.

Were talking about the Cupra spoiler. Not the Accessory pack spoiler.

But you are correct, the accessory pack spoiler just glues on top.

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
I was looking at the rear spoiler and side skirts on the SG Petch website yesterday. They are genuine SEAT parts.

hi, what is the part number for them? i have the genuine one from the seat website and wanna be sure its the same one. 5F0071606A.
i considered ordering from there a few months back but wasn't sure if it was genuine because of its "cheap" price. ive read some that are the real deal don't fit completely perfect.

Also how does this differ from the cupra spoiler? i thought they was the same but i did see a cupra and thought "it does look a bit different"

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
hi, what is the part number for them? i have the genuine one from the seat website and wanna be sure its the same one. 5F0071606A.
i considered ordering from there a few months back but wasn't sure if it was genuine because of its "cheap" price. ive read some that are the real deal don't fit completely perfect.

Also how does this differ from the cupra spoiler? i thought they was the same but i did see a cupra and thought "it does look a bit different"

Sorry if i sounds like a know it all, I've spent way to many hours of my life researching this! :blink:
I keep calling it accessory pack, I mean aerodynamic pack.

3 Door Seat Aerodynamic pack - 5F0071606B
5 Door Seat Aerodynamic pack - 5F0071606A

Spoiler is larger, glues on top of the tailgate, and doesn't have it's own break light.

3 Door Seat Cupra - 5F3827933CGRU
5 Door Seat Cupra - 5F4827933CGRU

Spoiler is shorter more subtle, has an integrated break light, and replaces the standard high level break light. Also glues goes on top of the tailgate

(Also funnily enough the Cupra spoiler is the same as the Leon Ecomotvie Spoiler)

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Just a quick update, fitted mine a few hours ago, looks great and seems to be holding great. The test will be when I drive to work down the motorway tomorrow. Fingers crossed it doesn't fly off :cry:

I recommend getting some double sided 3M red padded tape to help with installation. Helps hold it in place whilst the adhesive sets!

I'll try get a guide written soon, although there isn't a lot too it!

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Would be great to see. When you say that the existing high-level brake light needs to be removed, is it easy enough to connect up the one integrated on the spoiler?

hoppus

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Would be great to see. When you say that the existing high-level brake light needs to be removed, is it easy enough to connect up the one integrated on the spoiler?

Getting the existing brake light out sounds a little worrying it when you unclip it, but don't worry you won't break it. I took it out and back in 3-4 times it seems pretty tough.

The two connections are exactly the same in the same location, and fit perfectly. No faffing about modding anything. A direct fit.

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Can you show me pics of how your car looks with it on? I have this part number ready to order but reading the cupra style is preferred choice. And where did you orders yours from?

Thanks

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
From what I see of it it looks good. Prob need to see closer pic of yours and the “cupra” spoiler to see what I prefer.
Hope of owners that has would like to share couple pics would greatly be appreciated.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members