2013 150 fr

webb204

May 19, 2015
I was only suggesting the alternative of tootle since it give another option for bargaining. the part ex price is good but as highlighted previously by others the sale price may not be. If you are able to bargain on a straight purchase price it makes it easier.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What is Tootle ?

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
If there's as much wrong with your current car as you say then you should probably save the hassle of private selling and take what they've offered

webb204

May 19, 2015
If there's as much wrong with your current car as you say then you should probably save the hassle of private selling and take what they've offered

Nothing really wrong with the FR+ as such just impending interim ,and major services and mot :)

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Yeah I think that makes it a hard sell haha you'd end up knocking a couple of hundred off for that and probably end up bringing it down to trade in value anyway, if 10/11k is your budget I'd take what you've been offered, if you can stretch to 12/13 for an FR184 I'd do that

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Hi again. Tootle is a website where you advertise your car for free and it's offered to car dealers to offer a price. The initial price will be rubbish but I found some of the other offers closer to the part ex price you are talking about. I found it useful as I used it as a basis for the price I was getting part ex to be bumped up as well as playing off the purchase cost of the other car to overall lower the cost to change. I'd compared the purchase cost against other cars advertised around the country. Doesn't matter where it is they don't need to know you wouldn't do it. To be honest though I imagine you know all this so don't want to do too much granny socks eggs

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Oh I'd mention that it looks like tootle don't mess you about like we buy any car, etc. If you are offered a price it's pretty likely they'll give you that price.

webb204

May 19, 2015
Hi again. Tootle is a website where you advertise your car for free and it's offered to car dealers to offer a price. The initial price will be rubbish but I found some of the other offers closer to the part ex price you are talking about. I found it useful as I used it as a basis for the price I was getting part ex to be bumped up as well as playing off the purchase cost of the other car to overall lower the cost to change. I'd compared the purchase cost against other cars advertised around the country. Doesn't matter where it is they don't need to know you wouldn't do it. To be honest though I imagine you know all this so don't want to do too much granny socks eggs

webb204

May 19, 2015
I've been to look at a 64 plate 184 ,with tech pack and nothing else ,47000 miles on clock ,up for £11800 ,they offered me £6500 in px,needless to say I didn't stay long !!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

webb204

May 19, 2015
Forgot to add ,the dealer with the FR150 i initially looked at ,has told me they will hold the car for me without any deposit ,until it comes out the paint shop,and if i,m happy with the work ,then the cars mine.
Really can't be any fairer than that can you!

webb204

May 19, 2015
Quick update ,been to see the car today after it came out the paint shop ,they have done a decent job on the bonnet barring the outer bonnet inner edges not being painted !! ,when i pointed this out ,they got the service manager out ,and he wasn't best pleased by it ,he actually told me it had cost them 498 to get it sprayed!!
So they have told me that it will be going back in to be sorted ,and they will give it a new mot (not due until march),its has had a full service (air/oil/fuel) .
I did pick up on a few other paint issues i didn't see originally ,but tbh i had to remind my self that its not a new car, i have left a deposit ,and hopefully pick it up later in the week.
I have been looking at other cars all last week ,and have been unable to find anything near the spec/price combo of this one ,plus i think the px price they offered was good (7500) so all in all i,m happy with the deal

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
They seem suspiciously keen for you to have it, maybe a genuinely nice person, maybe a very good car salesman but I guess time will tell

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I dunno for a dealer to be going to that much effort to sell the car specifically to you would make me personally question what the catch was

webb204

May 19, 2015
I dunno for a dealer to be going to that much effort to sell the car specifically to you would make me personally question what the catch was

I dont think its specifically for me tbh ,maybe its because i was the first person to view it ,they knew it needed spraying ,so it was getting done regardless .

The dealership is a Suzuki main dealer ,and the Leon was px, d against a new Vitara,so they have obviously made money on that deal,i did try and get the warranty thrown in ,but no deal ,i actually told them no deal initially today ,and ended up talking to the owner ,and he told me that ,even if it meant loosing the sale ,they could not give me anything on the warranty ,as the bonnet respray had used any money left in the deal.

The dealership has been going for as long as i can remember ,so they must be doing something right, and if they treat everyone like they have treated me ,i can see why :)

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Evans Halshaw have been going for a long time and I could write many pages of expletives about their customer service

webb204

May 19, 2015
Evans Halshaw have been going for a long time and I could write many pages of expletives about their customer service

I wouldn't step foot in Evans Halshaw mate ,the dealer I'm buying from is not part of a chain ,and up to now they have been great ,I've just had a call to tell me the car should be ready on Tuesday evening ,so as you say time will tell!!

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Guess I'm just generalising but car dealers work on commission of sales, whatever they're pushing to you is pushing money into their own pocket, just got to be careful with what you believe and don't let them get all friendly with you or you'll end up paying for their mortgage and taking home their dirty washing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.