Soon to be MK3 LEON FR 184 Diesel Owner

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Hi All, :)

My names Jon. And I am shortly going to be a Leon 184 FR Diesel owner next week.
Looking forward to be a part of the SEAT community.
This is going to be my first SEAT car after owning a variety of Subaru Impreza's for the last 12 years (UK 2000 (UK WRX), STI with Prodvie PPP and finally a Impreza Hatchback Diesel). And after test driving a DSG FR 184 Diesel I have now ordered a brand new vehicle for which I pick up from my local dealership in a few days time.
This Forum looks great and hope to get answers here if I need them and hopefully give back any if I can :shrug:

Cheers,

Jon.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Hi savedbythebell.

Spec wise I have gone for most of the options; Technology pack, convenience pack, LED illumination and Winter pack with the performance 18" alloys. The car I wanted was technic grey but as the dealership had issues getting me this colour in a 5 door with DSG from the port, I have now opted for a Black colour instead.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
If anything the torque is great from what I experienced on my test drive at the dealership. Loved the sport mode and DSG gearbox adds to this. Forgot to mention I also opted for the bigger rear boot spoiler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

savedbythebell

May 1, 2015
Ireland
I almost ticked the rear spoiler but its 700 Euro in Ireland! I ticked the 18 Inch alloys, Seat Sound, parking sensors front and rear and monsoon grey, 6 speed manual.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Nice. Couldn't get the SEAT sound. But I only listen to the radio. Was trying for the FR dynamic pack which adds to the sport mode, but none of the cars in port had this in the colours I wanted. €700! For a spoiler? Wow it's priced up at £350' painted and fitted here in the UK.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Uk configuration site list this at £399. Can't post the URL as I haven't posted 15 times or more yet. Have a look over on the uk SEAT website.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
And the AUDI A3. Will be interesting to see how it grips in the twisties, as I'm used to 4 wheel drive in the Subaru.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Love the sport mode for keeping the revs up. What's it like for cornering? Didn't want to push it on my test drive as it was wet and wasn't sure on the limitations.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Picked mine up yesterday. And very happy so far. Just getting used to turn in on the steering. Having owned a jap car where the turn in on the steering is restrictive, it's nice to drive something that has a better turn lock. :)

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Nice turn of phrase. Yeah I feel confident that the car can handle the twisties. Suspension is blob on for me. Wasn't sure about the tyres, as I have Bridgestones fitted to my 18" performance alloys. A lot of Bridgestones I have had in the past weren't much good. Mostly got tramlining. These appear to be good.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.