power loss

markg1

Hello to you all.
I have a Ibiza cupra TDI on a 2005 plate. Problemis as follows. Car is ok till it gets warm, put your foot down to speed and its like the turbo is not working. Leave the car to go cold and it's fine again till it gets warm. :help:

Thanks in advance

sssstew

Editing your spelling
sounds like its going into limp mode, get vag com on a laptop onto to it to see what fault codes have been logged.

Is it smoking more when its like its not working? check for boost leaks as well. All been discussed in the past so a browse back through here and the tdi section will help you.

markg1

Thanks SSSSTEW

I dont get what you mean when you say (Is it smoking more when its like its not working?) can you explain please. It's going to the dealers on Monday. The engine management light is on as well.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

sssstew

Editing your spelling
if you floor it when its down on power (when its not working as it should do if you get my meaning) does it make more smoke out the back, out of the exhaust? more smoke can mean a boost leak which can put the car into the limp mode you mention. theres loads of other things which can cause limp mode but this is a common one.

markg1

Thanks

Yes it is smoking more.
Is it a big job and how long will it take to fix the problem.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.