What products would you recommend?

wazzzer

Mar 18, 2010
halstead essex
Hi all, im having a nightmare getting rid of swirls and 'ghosting' thats what my mate calls it.
Ive tried these steps
1 meguiars nxt shampoo
2 meguiars clay bar
3 meguiars 3 stage system
But even after that their still there.Do a need a machine polisher or could anyone recommend any better products to remove these?
Thanks Warren

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
Machine polisher im afraid is a must to get the deeper swirls out! A good product to use with that would be Poorboys Black hole! I havent used it myself but have seen excellent results on other peoples cars.

steffers

Jun 19, 2009
chippenham
Ive seen that Autoglym Super resin polish gets very good results by hand.

Obviously for deeper swirls a machine polisher is ideal, but if your a little stretched for budget the SRP can give very good results.

steffers

Jun 19, 2009
chippenham
I think im allowed to do this, if not then sorry mods :)

if you check out this link:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10656

and scroll through, that shows you a large list of products used by hand, there are a few pictures.

As said before the AG SRP gives a very good result :)

hope this helps

Oh and be very very careful on Detailing world, its highly infectious and you will be surprised how quickly you can spend all your money :)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
To remove the swirls you will need to use a machine polisher.

They can however be hidden (filled) by using products such as AG SRP or Poor Boys Black Hole, as already mentioned above. The swirls will eventually come back and the product would then need to be used again.

wazzzer

Mar 18, 2010
halstead essex
Hi all me again needing more help.....
Recently purchased a machine polisher and the other weekend gave the car a full detailing session to try and lose the swirls and ghosting.
steps were
1-wash car with megs NXT car wash.
2-dry with water magnet.
3-mask up windows,lights,mirrors etc
4-machine polished the whole car using megs ultimate compound.
5-polished using megs step 2 polish by hand.
6-two coats of collinite super doublecoat auto wax.

The car looked superb for a few days but then with all the mileage i do to and from work soon got dirty again, so i washed it with the nxt again and dried with the water magnet and to my suprise the dreaded ghosting had re appeared....anybody know why this would happen???Or better products to use would be very helpful.

steffers

Jun 19, 2009
chippenham
All i could think of would be a couple of extra polishing stages using different pad and polish combo's??

VAG paint is generally quite a hard paint to correct so alot of people recommened the menzerna polishes to help correct, but i'm not 100% sure if this will help your issue. Don't wanna recommened you spend more money without the gurantee of solving your problem :):happy::doh:

PJ_leonCupra

I agree super resin for me aswell - leaves a good finish but have to agree about the dust gets into the cracks.

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Hi all me again needing more help.....
Recently purchased a machine polisher and the other weekend gave the car a full detailing session to try and lose the swirls and ghosting.
steps were
1-wash car with megs NXT car wash.
2-dry with water magnet.
3-mask up windows,lights,mirrors etc
4-machine polished the whole car using megs ultimate compound.
5-polished using megs step 2 polish by hand.
6-two coats of collinite super doublecoat auto wax.

The car looked superb for a few days but then with all the mileage i do to and from work soon got dirty again, so i washed it with the nxt again and dried with the water magnet and to my suprise the dreaded ghosting had re appeared....anybody know why this would happen???Or better products to use would be very helpful.

more than likely ultimate compound isnt strong enough to remove the defects (ghosting)... try something like Menzerna final finish as per the above advice or a medium cut compound on a polishing pad on the machine.

if you havent already done so, read some of the guides on detailingworld, make sure you have your technique right or you could be adding to the defects.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.