Anyone else stage 2?

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Hi guys,

I've been looking into having a stage 2 remap done on my LC180 by GOTBOOST in Bridgend, has anyone else had a stage 2 map done by these? I have been quoted a figure of 220-230bhp but I believe that's a bit low for stage 2 iirc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys.

Mike :)

pedro1989

May 2, 2014
Bridgend, South Wales
From my experience (and most others I know that go there) with GotBoost is that their rollers are fairly conservative so I'm sure you'd get higher numbers with others.

Queue the dyno lottery pictures/memes from everyone! :)

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
From my experience (and most others I know that go there) with GotBoost is that their rollers are fairly conservative so I'm sure you'd get higher numbers with others.

Queue the dyno lottery pictures/memes from everyone! :)

I'm not bothered about really high figures and maxing out the turbo...I'm just making sure that if I go there it'll be worth the money.

I've been told to go to AMD in Essex in order to get figures around the 230bhp mark but it seems to be a lot more expensive (extra petrol and bridge toll) just to get an extra 10bhp!

Are you happy with your map from them?

pedro1989

May 2, 2014
Bridgend, South Wales
I'm not bothered about really high figures and maxing out the turbo...I'm just making sure that if I go there it'll be worth the money.

I've been told to go to AMD in Essex in order to get figures around the 230bhp mark but it seems to be a lot more expensive (extra petrol and bridge toll) just to get an extra 10bhp!

Are you happy with your map from them?

Yea I know what you mean, it's expensive having travel costs added!

I've not had my Leon mapped but I had an old C2 done there which had Emerald ecu, bodies, etc. and he seems to know his stuff.

A couple of mates have had maps there though and they're more than happy with them.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
They do good work at gotboost if distance is an issue. AMD's dyno from what I've seen/heard reads very happy if you ask me.

samblake92

Oct 4, 2014
plus.google.com
Hi guys,

I've been looking into having a stage 2 remap done on my LC180 by GOTBOOST in Bridgend, has anyone else had a stage 2 map done by these? I have been quoted a figure of 220-230bhp but I believe that's a bit low for stage 2 iirc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys.

Mike :)
Hiya mate im in barry just by cardiff and ive got a lc180 with a few tasteful improvements and know a fella who does maps privately he used to be a technician for revo and has all the software needed for custom maps, i explained what i had allready done to the car and he said he can get a figure of 250 - 260 bhp from a stage 2 on my car for just over £200 so im going to give him a try on the weekend to see and ill post back to let you know the results if you fancy hes based in cardiff aswell so not to far from you either

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

samblake92

Oct 4, 2014
plus.google.com
I thought it was a bit of an ambitious figure lol didnt think you could map a lc180 to above 235 bhp max at a push from.a stage 2

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

maundy26

i have done the research and i think all i need is a downpipe. all the common problems have been done
maf meter
temp sensor
coil plugs been changed to the newer type fsi one and adaptors with new plugs
sump has been removed and oil strainer was cleaned
the pcv has been removed and new breather pipes
n75 valve replaced
n249 bypassed
stage 1 remap
green cotton air filter with smoothed air box and 3 inch cold air feed from the bumper
badger5 80mm tip
new 007 forge dump valve
front mount intercooler
infinity cat back exhaust.

so as i see your stage two danfr do u know if there is anything else i need to do?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
No Badger5 wont do mapping discount for forum members, and RTech are more than worth the journey too. Youll be alright with either for a 1.8T.

Have a read of the Rtech website for tuning stages and info on mods and things to check, but one thing you are missing is a TIP. & decent filter. Bin the air box. http://r-techperformance.co.uk/vag/...lf-audi-seat-skoda/1-8t-stage-2-tuning-guide/

I have a TFSI so it's a little different

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.