More Power TDI...

stylance.tdi

Dec 8, 2015
Hi all,

What engine upgrades have people done to their 1.9 TDI's? Do they give a fairly decent power increase and do they cause any issues?

My Leon is the 105bhp 1.9 TDI. Is it worth carrying out the upgrades on this engine with it being one of the lower power ones?

I'm toying with either carrying out the upgrades to my current engine but have also though about purchasing a high power version engine and then building a big-ish power TDI.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

demonic pete

Apr 1, 2013
leeds
Me personally after the amount of money i've thrown at cars chasing numbers would save the mod money and look at the later 150/170 bhp diesels.I would bet the leon 170 with a map would crack 200 bhp quite easily and for not alot of money thrown at it.I have an lcr and golf gttdi which is mapped and it struggles to put power down in any sort of crappy conditions but if your a big fan of leaving number 11s on the road whenever you set off go for it.:)

stylance.tdi

Dec 8, 2015
Cheers for the reply Pete. I will have a look at the 150 / 170 models.

On my engine, what would be the realistic gains from a remap?

Ollie

demonic pete

Apr 1, 2013
leeds
dunno possibly 20 plus bhp and more torque,i think you would notice it but its not gonna set the earth on fire.When i had the golf mapped it felt way better but that was on a pd130 at RS tuning but im not sure on the 105s

demonic pete

Apr 1, 2013
leeds
You would be best asking one of the tuning companies who advertise on here depending where you are to see what the 105s can be pushed to with a map.On the flip side im sure theres a lad on here who was selling a beast of a pd engine from an ibiza .

MartFR

New and Unassuming
Jan 5, 2017
Sorry to restart an old thread but wondered if you'd done anything with the Stylance. I've just bought 2007 1.9 TDI Stylance and whilst the turbo does kick in and give you a little boost, it could probably do with more (not remapping but subtle bhp gains) and wondered if you'd got anywhere?

Thanks!

demonic pete

Apr 1, 2013
leeds
if you dont fancy a remap theres a filter and muffle rectomy to consider, as in full pipe from the turbo with no cat for subtle gains but both them and a remap will be pretty good.I know a lad with a 110 bora whos done the above and has launch control and it does shift.Its all down to how much you want to throw at it really.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.