Black tar spots

2Stevo2

Oct 20, 2015
North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Chaps,

As I am sure you all do, I love to keep my car as clean as possible however the one thing that is doing my head in at the moment is the black tar spots you get on both the alloys and paintwork. I have tried a few products to get rid of them however it always ends in me scrubbing the damn car for hours. I generally use Autoglym products.

Does anyone here know of a good product to get rid of them easily?

Cheers lads.

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Try Auto Finesse iron out just spray it on then leave for a few minutes it will turn a little purple then rinse off should do the trick

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Tardis is the best, Auto finesse Oblitarate is also pretty good.
Iron out is a particulate remover, wont have much effect on tar spots.

ScottDavis92

Feb 5, 2016
Derbyshire
If they don't work which think they should with easy you can get specific tar and sap removers for minute bits try clay bar to remove them :)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Autosmart tardis is the best tar remover I've ever used, miles better than the autoglym tar remover and loads easier to use.

Silverdream

Jan 22, 2017
Once you've got the tar of don't forget to seal the paint with a wax or ceramic sealer. It won't stop more tat sticking but it makes it a lot easier to remove in future

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
i'm not sure an iron remover is going to do much to tar, use a dedicated T&G removal chemical like auto smart tardis, carpro tar-x, autobrite direct tar & glue remover etc. iron x is for targeting iron fallout particles usually found embedded on wheels and lower parts of the car from brakes and such like :)

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Interesting thread. Ive always used carburetor cleaner in the spray can form.
Its never damaged any paintwork Ive had - but like tardis -does need rinsing off after the tar has been removed. After washing my car I just go round it with a micro fibre cloth - spray the cleaner on -leave for 30 secs till the tar starts weeping and wipe off . Then hose off again with water or just wipe with a wet cloth . My local motor factor sells me a case of the stuff at £2.50 a can- dead easy ! Some cheap ones are not so good .But like tardis - as long as it contain xylene - it will do the job.
Just thought it may be of interest to someone .Its always worked for me - but if your not sure - test an area first - Dont want to blamed for someones shiny car not being shiny ! :(
But ive never had a problem in 15 years ! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.