GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Bluetooth

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
Do you know anyone who can fit this kit, and also how quickly can Stuart get this kit.

Been looking for one like this for ages but been finding it hard

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Not sure who could fit it, maybe stu? maybe me? depends where you are. Its quite a job.

email stu mate, or I could ask him.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
But the tiguan is a brand new model so probably has the appropriate coding and modules built in?

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
Hi Dan.

Yeah sent a few e-mails to Stu, and im in manchester you see, so a good few miles away.

But . . . . the miles wouldnt stop me as i could have a weekend away with the missus you see. So ill see as the only other option is a phone holder, but there are more expensive, then i would have to change holder if i swap my phone etc etc.

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
If you were deseperate for it mate, im sure we could come to some arrangement if you wanted it fitted.. :)

That's a very kind offer. Thanks, I will give it some thought :) First priority is to take the car to a detailer and get rid of the thousands of scratches that were left after I used a dodgy drying blade! Once that's done I'll think about the BT.... :D

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
When you turn on the ignition the Bluetooth System will locate your telephone, momentarily mute the radio and give an audible confirmation tone. Conversely when disconnecting you will also hear a confirmation tone.

Your phone will recognise the bluetooth connection as SEAT_UHV.

-------

I have purchased a new instrument cluster for my car which has the larger Multi functional display on it. when fitted this will enable me to use the phone with the indicator stalks and show me call information.

Dan (or anyone else that has undertaken this adventure!),

If I don't buy the new instrument cluster and stick with the standard one will I be able to use my steering wheel buttons to simply answer calls using a variant of the mute button mod mentioned above?

I have the TFSI Sport (same as Dan) which comes with a 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel. Accordng to the manual (P82-85) two control variants are possible with the LHS button cluster providing telephone support with the BT option.

From the VAG-COM Wiki I can see that the Steering wheel controller options for digit 4 are:

0 = Steering Wheel without Multifunction
1 = 3-Spoke Steering Wheel without Multifunction
2 = 3/4-Spoke Steering Wheel with Multifunction without Cruise Control
3 = 3/4-Spoke Steering Wheel with Multifunction with Cruise Control

(Audi A3 pages add)

3 = 4-Spoke Multi-Function (with Radio/Telephone Control)
4 = 4-Spoke Multi-Function (with Radio/Telephone/Voice Control)

Worth trying to set digit 4 to '4'?

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I darrel, no need to reprogram the controls.

The bluetooth will use two buttons regardless wheter you have the larger MFD or not.

The mute button the steering wheel:
Pressing this starts the voice command menu,, some nice lady gives you a list of options, or you can give it your command.

The button under the right indicator stalk:
Pressing this answers or hangs up calls.

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Yeah I wanted to but, there are dozens of different types of instrument cluster for the new Leon so would of been difficault to get the right one.

Dan can you quote me the part number of the cluster you bought?

Also, is there any reason that I couldn't use a 2.0 TFSI FR cluster in my Sport?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members