nightflight

Mk5 Ibiza Bulb List

Shelby

Mar 1, 2011
West London
in my opinion, they give off more light, especially noticeable when driving along dark lanes wityh no streetlighting, the whole place is lit up a treat.
re: where to buy, good old ebay, and do a search for ultra bulbs H7 for the dipped beam, H7 for the full beam, W5W for the 4 little sidelights, and HB4 for the front fogs. Ive not changed the front fogs yet, bit of a chore involving bumper removal etc, so will get round to it soon enough.
Go to the Mk5 Ibiza FAQ list, and there is a bulb list thread and a how to guide for alot of the bulbs. worth checking out for sure.
Also, no idea bout the 17" wheels either I'm afraid....

And yes, I do realise that THIS IS the bulb list thread..... :doh:

BaldyDave

Mildly Deranged...
Aug 12, 2011
Central Belt Scotland
cheers, do they look anything similar to xenons or is clearly noticable that they are not xenons? Also, I read on here that using higher power bulbs such as these can cause issues with the wiring overheating? Is this likely to happen or a common issue do you know?

many thanks

You have to be careful to not confuse high power lights with ultra bright lights. The Ultras that folk on here use actually are rated at exactly the same power consumption as the standard bulbs, therefore they will draw the same current and will not stress the wiring at all. However due to the Ultra's superior design they produce far more light than standard bulbs. When looking at bulbs just make sure that the power rating (in Watts) is the same as the standard bulb - you will not damage the wiring if you do this. In the case of H7 bulbs, standard power rating is 55W.

You can source bulbs that will give you a lot more light by being higher wattage, and it's these bulbs you have to be very careful with as they could seriously barbecue your wiring!

Last edited:

Maxt890

Nov 1, 2011
England
Just to warn people the boot light is infact a 42mm and the centre light is a 44mm the other way round as shown. the 44 fits in both but you have to really bend the contacts back on the boot light.

jj mann

just put in led sidelights and oreder an hid kit but when i turn my lights on my light bulb warning light comes and stays on is there anyway i can get rid off it

Last edited by a moderator:

IbizaMK5Pearce

Dec 5, 2010
It says at the top for the mk5 Ibiza sidelights that only one of them are canbus out of the two.....is this a you must have one canbus and one not or can they both be canbus??

IbizaMK5Pearce

Dec 5, 2010
Ok so if I get 2 canbus bulbs and 2 normal LED side lights and put the canbus ones on the inside and the normals on the outside then i shouldn't have a warning light because that would annoy me :S

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Don't faff about getting one set of canbus and one non canbus, just get 2 sets of the ultra ones. No warnings and they'll match. I faffed and my sidelights are different whites and it annoys me every time I look at them.

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
For me Ultras look too blue which is why I didn't get both sets, the canbus gives off more white IMO so i like the two tones.

IbizaMK5Pearce

Dec 5, 2010
Ok I see just i brought some H7 bulbs last weekend and they didnt have the side lights however going back this weekend to pick them up he asked if i needed canbus or non canbus thats all and everyone was saying about warning lights with the canbus ones so got worried proabably safer to go with non canbus am i correct in thinking this??

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Depends - with LED sidelights, it wont matter if you get canbus ones or not, you will still get the bulb failure light on the dashboard. (both set will actually work)

If you are getting Ultra (501 sidelight bulbs) these are traditional incandesant bulbs - so they will not cause any bulb failure light on the dash, because they are the same as the sidelights you currently have.

IbizaMK5Pearce

Dec 5, 2010
Ok thats fantastic clears it up i think there just 501 bulbs not LEDS or anything.....canbus or non canbus whats the best pick realistically

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Ok thats fantastic clears it up i think there just 501 bulbs not LEDS or anything.....canbus or non canbus whats the best pick realistically

Yeah they're not LEDs - but they are pretty white. Best option without the hassel.

I've got canbus LEDs in my interior light, purely because the non canbus ones never went off - they were premanently on because they drew so little current. Canbus ones solved the problem

So based on that I'd generally reccomend canbus LED's

The other option is to just stick in any old LEDs and disable the bulb failure warning in vagcom.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.