Calling all 1.4 Owners!!!

bizaman

I am The BOFH
Feb 23, 2005
Satans Layby
bizaman.blogspot.com
andyj said:
Stu strived for a couple of years to break the 90 Bhp mark out of a 1.4 8v, let alone 100 !! ;)

Good luck though !!!
Well im at 82.3 with cam and fpr valve yet to come me and stu reckon an easy 90bhp. After that its the chip that i'm owed. Reckon i wont be far shy!!.

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
bizaman said:
Well im at 82.3 with cam and fpr valve yet to come me and stu reckon an easy 90bhp. After that its the chip that i'm owed. Reckon i wont be far shy!!.

Cancelled my membership in Oct'04 ;) Now with baby Cupra.

TBH, you won't really notice a big difference between 80+ and 100bhp

My old 1.4 spec sounds very similar to that bloke copying my avatar :D

m15try_1

Feb 25, 2004
Swindon
Visit site
m15try_1 said:
i can only chip my ibiza to 109bhp, and that cost £499 by revo :(

went to a place in swindon who carry out, revo services, they said that the chip was only for 1.4 diesels :( not petrol and cost £399

Anyone know what i can do with my engine now

keebo_sioux

I'm so dark I fart bats
Feb 8, 2004
Reading, Berkshire
Visit site
i lapsed my 1.4 membership in February 04...when I was the only Seat around here. Since I got my TDI there has been 3 Mk2 ibizas in the car park most days...seems like it is a good buy for students, lol.

There's also another Mk4 in the car park - so upto 5 ibizas in a car park of about 30! Good going!

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
I have got a mk2 1.4 ibiza. Mods so far:15" fox racing alloys, toyo tires, allu pedals, gear knob, door pins,black mesh grill,pioneer cd/mp3 player,400w kevlar 6x9s, 15"sub. Performance-wise nothing yet but working on the "SPT"

bizaman

I am The BOFH
Feb 23, 2005
Satans Layby
bizaman.blogspot.com
Well in the MK2 the obvious candidates are the 2.0 16v on 2.0 8v. I have been told that the 1.8t is a relatively easy one to do as well but why not be different/original. I am currently investigasting the possibility of getting a torque tastic TDi unit installed!

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Depends if you can source a suitable engine etc at the right price !! ;)

Not sure on what other work would be required.... but it'd be unique thats for sure !!! ;)

Might be worth contacting somewhere like JBS in Chesterfield, and seeing if they'd give you a price etc.

BIGGUTS

May 24, 2005
BELFAST
I still have my MK2 1.4, with full sportstek body kit, 17" kahn alloys, pi springs, lowered 40mm, pipercross induction kit, remote/pager and automatic start alarm, and a few dents and scratches. I still love to drive the car around the country roads, bumpy as hell but it handels very well. Iam hanging onto it, thinking of plans to put vr6 into it, tried to sell it last month to cover the cost of my insurance on my leon cupra but got a lot of time wasters.

http://sell.autotrader.co.uk/uk-ola...=00000000-0891-4981-1175-503257045270&photo=1

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
if you drop a vr6 in the 1.4 with standard shocks and pi springs ....you'll need a full kit or it'll handle terribly. There's a bloke with a vr6 on here who had problems setting up his suspension to cope. You'd also need to sort your brakes out if you went that route ...say bye bye ££££

BIGGUTS

May 24, 2005
BELFAST
Ye, Ive Already Made Inquiries Into Conversion, Need A 5h1t Load Of Extras, G60 Subframe, Engine, Ecu, Wiring Looms, Suspension, Etc, Etc, Also Got Rough Price For Parts And Labour, £4500, Hope Its Worth It Tho. I Just Cant Resist Tinkering About With Cars, Every Time I Get Bored I Pop The Hood And Take Things Apart.

bizaman

I am The BOFH
Feb 23, 2005
Satans Layby
bizaman.blogspot.com
BIGGUTS said:
Ye, Ive Already Made Inquiries Into Conversion, Need A 5h1t Load Of Extras, G60 Subframe, Engine, Ecu, Wiring Looms, Suspension, Etc, Etc, Also Got Rough Price For Parts And Labour, £4500, Hope Its Worth It Tho. I Just Cant Resist Tinkering About With Cars, Every Time I Get Bored I Pop The Hood And Take Things Apart.
:-o :-o :-o :-o Surely it cant be that much. The subframe shouldn't be all that different. Only reason i haven't gone done the conversion route already is its hard to insure them!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise