Top Forge Tip Fitting Tips!

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
mine didnt have a 5mm allen nut near the turbo, it was a standard 7mm head jubalee clip, pipe might have been off at some point. was off easily with a rachet ring spanner.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Found this guide very useful today. Almost finished it but the light ran out. I've took the 8mm bolt out of the water pipe bracket but it still didn't come away from the block?

The bolt holds two brackets. I can't remember what's on the other bracket. It could be that this is holding the water pipe bracket and you might have to jiggle it to the front to free it.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Yeah Ill have a fresh look in the morning - I think time has just simply got it stuck to the block. Walked away before it got really dark and I got a bit ruff with it.

Had the TIP on but put the clip on the wrong way so it came off again. Another 5-10mm movement in the water pipe and it would be very simple.

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
Ive got to change my turbo at the weekend (if it stops raining for 5 minutes) and will be fitting my TIP i got the other day AUQ/KO3s engine/turbo, sounds fun ! not.. lol

Kruga

Nov 1, 2014
Cheshire
I will be ordering a TIP for mine very soon so this thread will be getting book marked haha i attempted to fit a TIP on my old car golf mk4 it was a nightmare :/