vibra technics engine mounts

salyer1968

Apr 2, 2015
Hello just joined the forum.

I've ordered a fullset of Vibra technics engine mounts from Awesome GTI.
Has anybody fitted these and how long does it take are they easy to fit? What's your opinion. Car recently rolling roaded and the engine movement was disturbing.

2001 Ibiza Cupra mk3 6K 20vt 74k 190bhp & wheels.

KKK03s turbo
Pro Alloy FMIC
Full Miltek
Jabbasport induction kit
Jabbasport remap

G60 Balanced lightened flywheel
G60 Sachs clutch
Pelequin LSD
B&M short shift

KW V3 coilovers
Momo front upper strut brace
Neuspeed 28mm ARB

Recent new Bosch MAF, ECS Redtop coil packs, silicon vacuum hoses, genuine N75.

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
With 190bhp there would be no reason to go for more than just the front mount. And they are really easy to fit. Front mount, maybe 90 mins tops. If you decide to do all 3, set aside half a day and that should see you good with time to chill and drink beer

salyer1968

Apr 2, 2015
vibration

hello,

Its been a few weeks since fitting, huge improvement in handling, but vibration is an acquired taste. Tempted to put old engine mounts back on.

new radiator and hose getting fitted. Vibrations opened up weak point instantly.

Car running 190bhp @ the wheels.

cheers

coupebrett

Apr 1, 2015
i have a full set on my lcr and they do the job well but they are harsh! plenty of vibrations on idle :D

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
They're even more fun when fitted in a diesel engine. They do cut down engine movement a whole lot but the vibration on the idle is severe. It's ok once you are moving and the shake/shudder when you switch the engine off makes the front of the car move up and down. I had mine in for five or so years and the front engine bracket broke either from bolts vibrating their way out or purely from vibrations so I going back to standard.

Last edited:

DANBOY

Feb 1, 2016
do you still have the mounts fitted ?

did they settle down i am thinking about getting a set for my track car

DANBOY

Feb 1, 2016
did you have the fast road mounts or the track versions

my car is a track car but i do drive it on the road not that often as its my second car

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
What is it you drive? Mk3 ibiza cupra 00/01 ? I can only imagine the petrol engine vibrations are a good bit less than a diesels and I stuck mine for at least 5 years. Only changed the front one for seat oem one as the front engine bracket sheared either because one of the bolts vibrated out and broke the bracket or the vibrations sheared the bracket. The rear mount and gearbox are vibratechnics. It was donkeys ago that I got them. Probably fast road ones.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members