Cordoba Gearbox / speed sensor question!

Wild Turkey

Jan 2, 2017
Hi all, Wondering if anybody can help me.

I have a 2003 Cordoba 1.4 16v that has just had the gearbox changed ,the original gearbox was a GKT code or so it says on the codes in the boot .The new gearbox has a GD TL 023 code on it.
I had to go to a few places to get it as the mechanic got the wrong one to start out with but eventually got it from Traynors in NI who told me it was from an Ibiza but the same one .

My problem is where the original speed sensor was fitted on the top of the gearbox , the slot was plugged instead of the first part of the sensor , I fitted the old sensor in there but its not working

Do I need a different sensor or is there nothing in the gearbox to drive the sensor and will have to change the gearbox again !

Please help as I've been without the car for a month and the mechanic relocated half way through the job

I can supply photos etc if needed

Thanks in advance !

Wild Turkey

Jan 2, 2017
Just an update on this , the gearbox is actually the same as the one taken out ( GD TL 023), I was able to get the old one back to check .

I removed the plug where the sensor would fit and it has the magnets to drive the sensor , Fitted two different sensors but still not working ,
1, Do I need to reset the ecu for this to work again ?

2, If i reset the ecu and the speedo is still not working will the car give me problems as the speedos not working ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.