Exeo ST Ride Height

Tracker400

Sep 2, 2017
Hello,

I've just recently purchased a 2011 Exeo St. Since owning it I've noticed that the front of the car sits a lot higher than the rear. There is about a 10mm gap from the top of the wheel to the arch on the rear but about 50mm on the front. Is this normal for this car? It's a Sport Tech if that makes any difference?

Thank you in advance.

Rob

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
Hello,

I've just recently purchased a 2011 Exeo St. Since owning it I've noticed that the front of the car sits a lot higher than the rear. There is about a 10mm gap from the top of the wheel to the arch on the rear but about 50mm on the front. Is this normal for this car? It's a Sport Tech if that makes any difference?

Thank you in advance.

Rob
That's exactly the same spec as my car, and mine looks like it sits lower at the back than at the front. I had it checked out by the garage but they said it was OK. It runs fine so I'm not bothered

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Tracker400

Sep 2, 2017
That's exactly the same spec as my car, and mine looks like it sits lower at the back than at the front. I had it checked out by the garage but they said it was OK. It runs fine so I'm not bothered

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ahh awesome thanks for that mate. Glad it's normal but now I'll probably have to get some new suspension to help my OCD haha

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Common thing on the Exeo and B7 A4's it's how audi set them up from factory, lads with the B7 A4's do a front spring perch mod which consists of fitting the spring perch from a B5 a4 which drops the front end by 15mm which levels it out. Not sure if exeo owners have tried this but pretty sure the suspension is identical too the B7.

Last edited:

Corvus Cornix

Jun 30, 2005
Norway
Had the same issue (no Sport), and after putting 19" on it looked like it was on stilts.
New Eibach springs lowered mine 30mm rear and 35mm front. Almost perfect, I think if I had DSG box the extra weigth would dropt it 5mm more.

Tracker400

Sep 2, 2017
Thanks for the replies. I'm getting some Eibach Sportlines fitted next week which give 45mm drop up front and 30mm back which should hopefully improve things. Will let you all know.

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks for the replies. I'm getting some Eibach Sportlines fitted next week which give 45mm drop up front and 30mm back which should hopefully improve things. Will let you all know.

would you mind taking some before/after pictures of the car? :)

Tracker400

Sep 2, 2017
Hey everyone.

Sorry I meant to post these pictures on Wednesday but never got round to it. The ride height hasn't massively dropped but it's definitely more level now. We discovered the reason why the back was sitting so low was because both the rear springs had snapped

I need a couple more posts to upload pics so bare with me.

Tracker400

Sep 2, 2017
Here's the before and after pictures. Hope everyone likes

IMG_0167.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0185.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tracker400

Sep 2, 2017
Thanks sits very nice, how's the ride quality on the standard dampers?

Thanks mate. I have to say the ride quality is actually improved from before. Rides a lot smoother and the missus even commented on it being nicer.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise