FR 150 - A couple of questions

Monkeypow

Oct 4, 2017
Hi,

Does anybody knows if this model comes with cruise control as standard? Active cruise seems to be an option, but I'm not sure if that's just like an upgraded version of cruise.

Also, has anybody driven the 150 engine yet?

A few reviews I have found say it lacks character and I was hoping it would be a fun engine. Sound nice, rev freely etc.

Last thing, am I right in thinking the FR has 'sporty' suspension?

Thanks

Last edited:

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017
1.5 TSI has a very even and flat torque, that's why it might feel not so sporty.

And yes, FR got stiffer suspension.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Hi,

Does anybody knows if this model comes with cruise control as standard? Active cruise seems to be an option, but I'm not sure if that's just like an upgraded version of cruise.

Also, has anybody driven the 150 engine yet?

A few reviews I have found say it lacks character and I was hoping it would be a fun engine. Sound nice, rev freely etc.

Last thing, am I right in thinking the FR has 'sporty' suspension?

Thanks

Yes it has cruise as standard on FR trim and Xcellence trim.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Does anyone know if the FR 150 will be available with DSG?

At the moment in Spain its manual only.

However DSG is a £1250 option on this engine in Skodas over here so it's certainly likely that SEAT will put it on in future.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I asked the rep at SEAT shop/showroom at Westfield yesterday. He said it's a flat NO for 1.5 EVO with DSG on Ibiza ever. Also, the FR twin exhaust are fake. Just Chrome surrounds, just a single left exhaust hidden. He said not possible to do proper dual split exhaust for 1.0 engine. 1.5 he said he doesn't know, it may have real twin split exhaust, but he and I think not, maybe jus the usual dual left exhaust hidden I thought it was like Merc...chrome suround, but actual not shiny round exhaust...eg...in winter, condensation comes out of the exhaust :).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.