Installing CD changer in EXEO ST

Robbo

Nov 9, 2017
Ive just swapped over my ipod dock for the 6 CD changer, and I really cant believe how simple it was. Absolutely delighted that it only took 1 minute and worked straight away :)

With the added bonus it came with three CD's already in it, lol. (From a breakers yard not stolen I might add).

I gave it a punt anyway. Found one for sale from an old Octavia.

Ipod adapter slid out the glovebox and CD changer went straight in it's place using the same cable. Worked 1st time.

Part number was 1Z0 035 111 A

:)

Hi

Have just joined and am picking up my 2012 Seat exeo se tech auto tomorrow.

Know this thread is a couple of years old, but just wanted to check this cd changer installation
is as straightforward as you both say. Is there nothing to disconnect/take out or put in before
you can connect the changer? Does it just sync with the media system and let you play CDs even when the satnav cd is in situ? I am technically incompetent, I should stress.

Was surprised to find that a new one seems not to be available. So, I guess the only option
is taking a chance with an eBay 2nd hand one.

Was there never an actual Seat unit produced?

Thanks in advance.
Rob

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
Hi

Have just joined and am picking up my 2012 Seat exeo se tech auto tomorrow.

Know this thread is a couple of years old, but just wanted to check this cd changer installation
is as straightforward as you both say. Is there nothing to disconnect/take out or put in before
you can connect the changer? Does it just sync with the media system and let you play CDs even when the satnav cd is in situ? I am technically incompetent, I should stress.

Was surprised to find that a new one seems not to be available. So, I guess the only option
is taking a chance with an eBay 2nd hand one.

Was there never an actual Seat unit produced?

Thanks in advance.
Rob

It really is that simple Rob, because it is what was supposed to be in there from the start, but SEAT decided to be clever and put an ipod connector in instead (which doesnt function properly because the RNSE unit is expecting a 6CD changer).

Robbo

Nov 9, 2017
It really is that simple Rob, because it is what was supposed to be in there from the start, but SEAT decided to be clever and put an ipod connector in instead (which doesnt function properly because the RNSE unit is expecting a 6CD changer).

Thanks Dave. Really helpful. Am I right that there are no new units
out there?

Thanks again
Rob

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks Dave. Really helpful. Am I right that there are no new units
out there?

Thanks again
Rob

No idea on that I'm afraid as Ive never looked for a new one. My one that I got from an accident damaged Skoda was like new though.

Robbo

Nov 9, 2017
No idea on that I'm afraid as Ive never looked for a new one. My one that I got from an accident damaged Skoda was like new though.

Right. I'll look around for as good a quality one as I can find. Thanks again.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise