Seat Toledo 1.9 TDI 81 kW

bega

Oct 13, 2016
I bought my Seat Toledo 11 years ago and I was impressed with performance of the car all the time,I mean for 110 hp it's quite quick.
Car had 190.000 kms on dash,and around 260.000 turbo needed to replaced or fixed. I gone for cheaper way to refurbish it and after 20.000 same problem.Then I changed company and I got screwed from another company,they have sent me other turbo that is not for my car at all.
Then I was mad and found dealer for Garret turbo in Croatia bought new one. That one kinda lasted 40.000 kms and I broke it(my reckless driving did it but OEM turbo lasted for 70.000 km when car was at me and I don't know maybe it was serial turbo,don't know that first owner changed it ever).
I bought another turbo(new one from same company) Garret by Honeywell and now after 25.000 km my turbo have strange sounds. Gone to my mechanic and he checked turbo, unfortunately turbine shaft if moving a lot and it makes sounds.
How can I check my turbo boost? Looked a little bit on google and checked in OBDeleven here are results! And what is max boost to stock car 1.9 tdi 81 kW ? ASV motor in car.
https://www.yogile.com/czobqmnd#21t
Here is album, can anyone help what can I do?
OEM turbo from Seat is too expensive, are those boosts normal? I found out max stock boost is 1.7 bar when ECU is remapped,why I am getting those numbers?

johanbaguca

Jul 23, 2017
Hi man! I had the same timing of turbo changing as you. Original turbo gave up after 250,000 km. I changed it just recently and haven’t had problems so far. Its weird that your car keeps breaking them even though they are new. Few tips the guy i bought the turbo from gave me. Keep an eye out on the air filter, blocked ones can have direct effect on lifespan of your turbo, maybe replace this more often then 10000km, and oil, consider changing oil more frequently and checking the levels periodically. Try to keep it topped out all the time. Not sure about the boost numbers i have never measured mine but we have the same exact car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Really I am changing oil after 8000 km usually,sometimes I hit 10 000 km. When I change oil,all filters I change only fuel filter I change when winter is coming.I talked with some friend who is doing remaps and he said this is probably Stage 2 remap,cause Stage 1 is hitting 1.7 bar max,usually it's 1.6 bar.
Too bad after 11 years with this car I am selling it,will get Golf 5 2.0 SDI with 48.000 km only. So will use Golf for work(only city driving) and Cupra is for long trips and for my soul :)
Kinda sad to sell it,but if I keep this way this car will kill my with spending money on it. It has too much km on dashboard and it's 2001 year of production. Will just take out sound system that I put inside and let it go :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.